Pastor's solution to lesbians and queers, concentration camps 79% Posted May 2012

Pastor's solution to lesbians and queers, concentration camps

Comment: 2034 days ago
I had an idea, how about we take people like this and build a fence, maybe 50 miles long, and put them all in it. We electrify the fence so they can't get out. Then we fly over and drop food.... no wait... bombs..
Nick Hanauer's banned TEDTalk supporting higher taxes for the rich 95% Posted May 2012

Nick Hanauer's banned TEDTalk supporting higher taxes for the rich

Comment: 2038 days ago
Thanks for the link. To be fair, we all know this problem is there, we all know that the 'job creator' line is a myth. We're well beyond educating peoeple about this now I reckon. What is important is actually getting the changes to be made and that is going to take a hell of a lot more than videos, talks and slides. I wish I knew how we actually make politics work for us, I mean truly work for us. Not just the 4-yearly expression of disappointment and broken promises.
Frustrated ferret loses lunch 87% Posted Apr 2012

Frustrated ferret loses lunch

Comment: 2061 days ago
That is not frustration, that is stupidity.
Kids at the bus stop 93% Posted Mar 2012

Kids at the bus stop

Caption: 2090 days ago
Waiting for the next bus because the last one was rammed.
Nightmare or insanity, a brief history of the United States 74% Posted Feb 2012

Nightmare or insanity, a brief history of the United States

Somehow roll money back to being the bartering tool that it once was maybe? Dissallow practices that use money to beget money ie money is strictly linked to the real world. Capping the amount of profit that anything can make there by either lowering the cost of the product or feeding higher wages back to the producer. Competition would be a great idea but it hasn't really worked out that well has it.
Sounds of a frozen sea 93% Posted Feb 2012

Sounds of a frozen sea

I reckon if I was a whale that would piss me off something chronic!
A Cappella Dubstep 27% Posted Feb 2012

A Cappella Dubstep

Sh.te, only partially redeemed by the kid on the right gobbing on the table at the last second. Dubstep my ....
Rottweiler meets a cute seal 88% Posted Feb 2012

Rottweiler meets a cute seal

@ 2.30ish it's like Monty Pythons Holy Grail. 'I blow Raspberrys in your general direction!'
Samsung's smart window 92% Posted Jan 2012

Samsung's smart window

What was that kid doing out with a ball anyway? This is the future ffs, no need to go outside anymore.
NeverWet waterproofing spray 88% Posted Nov 2011

NeverWet waterproofing spray

I don't know, but it would be amusing if it caused the water below the boat to get out of the way, the Boat wouldn't float at all then.
Onward Christian nuns 94% Posted Oct 2011

Onward Christian nuns

Bad habits.
Bear Grylls' balls of steel vs. bridge and train 87% Posted Sep 2011

Bear Grylls' balls of steel vs. bridge and train

Guys, @2:19, it looks like there's a cut to me. Can anyone else see it? Just noticed it. Still, props to the guy for a good show.
The Big Think - Richard Dawkins on faith 95% Posted Jun 2011

The Big Think - Richard Dawkins on faith

The existance of multiple religions is not an argument against the possibility of there being some immaterial supernatural 'whatever' and I don't think that is the point he is making there. It is an argument against the specific theologies themselves and their fairytales, which do themselves claim to be singular truths therefore all contradicting each other. The different religious tales can't all be true so you can't tell which, if any, are 'true'. The point is that people may indeed have religious experiences or as is more likely have a 'feeling' there's something more to this all, and it may even be 'real' but subject to huge interpretation, as you say. It is quite a jump to go from a subjective religious experience to books full of stories and rules. The religions are defined by their texts/rules/edicts, but they are merely man made things, not to be trusted. Personally I think buddha may have been on to something but who knows.
Muslim scientist claims Neil Armstrong proved Mecca is centre of the world 87% Posted Jun 2011

Muslim scientist claims Neil Armstrong proved Mecca is centre of the world

Wow, this makes me quite angry... I'm going to have to punch a ktten to get over this one.
Evil art at Denver airport 93% Posted Jun 2011

Evil art at Denver airport

@3:01 apologising for an image being upside down... that you pinned to the effing board yourself?! Rofl. I know its not the worst thing about the vid but it's proper stoopid in action.
Stephen Fry on why you should vote YES to fairer votes 73% Posted May 2011

Stephen Fry on why you should vote YES to fairer votes

I'm going to vote yes, in the hope that somewhere further down the line we can move on to proportional representation. But don't knock the LibDems too hard Slick, they did haggle to get us this referendum at least.
Slow loris with tiny umbrella 94% Posted Mar 2011

Slow loris with tiny umbrella

Humour fail
Staring at women's breasts often is good for you 87% Posted Mar 2011

Staring at women's breasts often is good for you

Hmm, well given the fact that most men stare at breasts anyway, asking guys to make a point of not staring at them is likely to make them anxious... leading to faster heart rates and higher stress. Kinda pointless research but I'll be sure and remember it next time I'm caught out having an ogle :)
Son of Westboro Baptist Church leader defects 88% Posted Feb 2011

Son of Westboro Baptist Church leader defects

Agreed, that was excellant. That man has a hell of a tale to tell, gotta be an autobiography or two in that.
Photographer captures Iraq blast 73% Posted Feb 2011