Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

Comment: 1 day ago

Do you have a suggestion?

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

Comment: 1 day ago

I know - but unless someone calls him out from time to time it starts to look like the predominant view is his kind of drivel.

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

Comment: 1 day ago

You've gone very quiet. Is it another meeting with your supervisor or are you still trying to find soem right-wing comedians? I'll allow Sarah Palin

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

Comment: 1 day ago

Give us a list of right-wing comedians, then (apart from Trump)

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

Shades of Blade Runner: did Decker realise he was a replicant?

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

No sense of humour? Well, come on then Real Mad - run us through the humour of killing people whose politics you don't like. I'm gagging for a good laugh and I'm sure Jo Cox's family are too

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

You're probably right - I'd also be surprised if he turned into a bomb-wielding terrorist himself (but what do I know? A chap I used to socialise with killed his wife!)

However, I don't think he was "joking" as such, that old refuge of people who are called out on unacceptable statements. I think he'd be hard-put to explain the intended humour. And I'm sure Jo Cox's family, friends and colleagues would fail to see the humour as well.

What Real Mad is doing, though, is giving currency to the idea of attacking people whose politics he doesn't like - so like-minded people post similar or even more extreme statements that are ultimately read by the Thomas Mairs and Anders Breviks and acted upon.

If he'd made the same "joke" about killing blacks, jews, muslims, gays - or if, say, an Israeli said it about Palestinians,the offensiveness would be obvious and I think it no less offensive (on a day when Jo Cox is in the news) to make the "joke" about people with different political views.

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

What? You mean the link to a satirical article written by Jonathan Swift in 1729?

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

Oh, right - "Bob's gish gallop isn't worth replying to" Bit of a delay coming up with that gem - did you have to check with your supervisor? Never mind, I've rolled my sleeves up and I'll deal with it anyway - and I do advise reading to the end as there are some things here that are important for your future.

So first, tell me, is it not worth replying to because:

a) I poked fun at your lack of accuracy? "Liebensraum" for heaven's sake. Can't you even cut and paste accurately, let alone check what you've written?

b) I drew the parallel between German "Lebensraum" and extermination of people it didn't like and American "Manifest Destiny" and genocide of the original inhabitants (not to mention war, invasion and the destabilisation of the legitimate governments of neighbours). Are you so ignorant of your own history that the similarities don't chime? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

c) You fling out the insults about Fascism while ignoring the fact that your hero, The Buffoon in Chief (presumably your ultimate paymaster), is behaving exactly like a Fascist himself. Have you come across the concept of "Double-think" in your mighty and extensive academic career?

Now, I realise I'm tempting fate and one of your snidey little "TLDR" quips, but do try and stay focused because the next bit is where your trouble lies. Your trouble. Not your paymasters'. Not your fellow sock-puppets'. Not your clever alt-right friends' (if you get out of your bedroom enough to have any friends). Yours.

Let me just remind you of what you wrote: "I'd say we kill all the greens and socialists, just to be on the safe side."

Here's a bit of background about the late Jo Cox https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jo_Cox#Perpetrator mother of two (aged 3 and 5) and a Labour MP who was murdered by a right-winger while going about her business. According to witnesses, he was shouting "Britain first" as he stabbed and shot her.

This is what you have advocated. You. From your IP address.

Stiill feeling smug? Well, here's a bit more gish galloping for you.

You have committed an offence and I have reported you for publishing online material promoting terrorism and extremism. Here's the site where I did it https://www.gov.uk/report-terrorism and I encourage other BoreMe contributors to do so as well. We should not tolerate this promotion of hate and incitement to violence.

Have you been using a proxy? Well, you're dealing wit the big boys now, so try googling "can proxy servers be traced."

BoreMe editors: I am not sure of your legal position on this and I apologise for any hassle this might bring, but Real Mad (in his current incarnation) has crossed a line and I'm sure you'll take all steps to stop the promotion of such hate-filled and despicable posting.

Real Mad - well done for reading to the end. I realise this has likely been tiring to concentrate for so long, but hang in there as it's probably time for another chat with your sock-puppet supervisor.

Tony Blair's mission to change the minds of Brexiteers 87% Posted Feb 2017

Tony Blair's mission to change the minds of Brexiteers

Maybe addressing his point will let others assess the strength of your own argument.

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists 87% Posted Feb 2017

Trumponomics: Empowering Proto-Fascists

Well, you live and learn! I had no idea the Germans needed more room for love (Liebensraum).

So much more cuddly than an imperialist concept like Manifest Destiny with consequent genocide.

And as you're obviously so vigilant about the rise of fascists, we should all be on the lookout for anyone who

- does not believe in freedom of the press.
- threatens his political enemies with violence and prison.
- uses bigotry and racism to mobilise his voters.
- does not believe in standing norms of democratic governance or tradition.
- is a misogynist.
- is obsessed with “strength” and his own “virility.”
- promises “law and order.”
- is a militant nationalist.
- celebrates authoritarians and political strongmen.
- surrounds himself with a cabal that consists of family members and self-interested Cabinet appointees, who also stand to enrich themselves through the agencies they are supposed to administer in the public interest.

Elon Musk: We're moving towards UBI due to automation 87% Posted Feb 2017

Elon Musk: We're moving towards UBI due to automation

You're too limited in your thinking. Jonathan Swift took it further http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

It is becoming increasingly clear that Trump can barely read 87% Posted Feb 2017

It is becoming increasingly clear that Trump can barely read

Mad - where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

It is becoming increasingly clear that Trump can barely read

"alas you cannot teach people who think they already have all the answers"

I think this shows a lack of flexibility on your part. In any system, the part with the greatest range of behaviours ends up having the greatest effect on the system.

Democracy Now! - Psychiatrist required in White House 87% Posted Feb 2017

Democracy Now! - Psychiatrist required in White House

No - listened again and I'm sure he doesn't say all republicans are insane.

Are you hearing voices that tell you this?

Democracy Now! - Psychiatrist required in White House 87% Posted Feb 2017

Democracy Now! - Psychiatrist required in White House

I missed that bit.

Where did he say all republicans are insane?

It is becoming increasingly clear that Trump can barely read

"But how am I supposed to have a conversation with them on a science subject if they lack a basic background science education ?"

There's no such thing as a bad student - only a bad teacher. Are you saying you don't have the intellect or the flexibility to present your ideas convincingly enough in a way others can understand?

What would happen if you stop blaming others for your own shortcomings?

Perhaps you should talk this over with your supervisor at your next catch-up.

Arctic ice not being replaced, and why that is a HUGE problem 87% Posted Feb 2017

Arctic ice not being replaced, and why that is a HUGE problem

He was "right" about the crowd size at the inauguration, his appointments as national security advisor and labor secretary - how could he possibly be wrong on climate change?

New British £1 coin is the most secure in the world 87% Posted Feb 2017

New British £1 coin is the most secure in the world

about 3% of them according to the Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/10707540/How-can-I-spot-a-fake-1-coin.html

Though I was surprised they didn't get the weight right so they would work in machines.

It is becoming increasingly clear that Trump can barely read

I missed that bit. Where does he say every republican must be thick?

TheBob