How to Terminate rudeness with good manners 90% Posted Jan 2015

How to Terminate rudeness with good manners

Farewell Boreme.  In the beginning, it was nice having civil conversations with your users even when the discussion was controversial.  I liked hearing the views of others and tried to understand why they had different views than mine.

Things have changed and the site is no longer fun.  People call others names and use colorful language that I don’t enjoy seeing but that’s fine since I believe in freedom of speech.  It’s especially disturbing when you reply to the wrong person one time and then are called a liar for the rest of your life for that mistake.  Mistakes does not equal lying.  Being called a liar is not freedom of speech but defamation and many have been sued for that.

It’s unfortunate your users cannot have a reasonable discussion.  Some of the problems are caused by allowing unregistered users to post comments.  Perhaps you could change your model to require an email validation and the users to login before they can comment in the future.  Just something to think about.

You have many of the same videos as other sites.  Fail Blog, for example, either has the video a day or two before you or will soon get it after you post it.  I had no real reason to visit your site except the user base seemed smaller so I could have a continuing conversation with the same users day after day.  The other sites have so many users that I only recognize a couple of them as regulars.  Since continuing conversations is no longer a reason to come to this site in particular, I have no encouragement to come here anymore.

Your videos are awkward to view.  The embedding code that you use still relies on flash so I cannot view them on my tablet or smart phone.  That is not a problem with other sites because they use HTML 5 instead.  I can also use enhanced YouTube features such as hitting the space bar to pause the video but that does not work on Boreme.  Other sites allow me to turn on close captioning and fast forward and rewind and playback at faster or slower speeds.

The last straw was when I tried to understand the views of others regarding Income Inequality.  I was unsuccessful in keeping the conversation on track as if your user base as ADHD or something.   It made me annoyed and frustrated.

Your users know that I work for a bank and that’s fine but they take the opportunity to find anybody who has ever worked for any bank on the planet and point out that a person broke a law.  They use that to somehow accuse me of criminal activity or at least that’s the feeling I get.  When I ask what career they are in, they refuse to tell me because they know I can find criminal activity in their field too but it still doesn’t stop them from making it clear that they have a “death to all bankers” philosophy.

The site makes me depressed and I don’t need any more depression in my life.  I’m going to leave for now and will use the additional time to focus on my careers and try to better myself.  I wish you and your users success in the future.  I could come back eventually when my depression issues get better but I’m not sure how long that will be – if ever.

Hope everyone enjoys their life and I wish them well.

Thanks.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

It was definite cause to be skeptical

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

The clincher was the last woman at the end that suggested they interview one more person that would have all the answers.  That person never appeared in the video.

If I wanted to create a video that made the people in the UK look stupid, all I would have to do is interview a people until I got 10 of them that didn't know who the current prime minister was and I'm certain there are some out there.  Then I would compile those 10 into one video and it would make everyone in the UK look stupid.

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer 87% Posted Jan 2015

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer

“Don't be ridiculous. Rules decided in secret and then foisted onto the people is not: ‘The people decide the rules that govern corporations’.

If we woke up tomorrow to leaks that more secet negotiations had taken place without the people even knowing, is that "the people deciding the rules that govern corporations”?”

Be prepared because this happens all the time with both of our governments.  Did we know they were about to raid Osama Bin Laden’s facility before they did it?  Nope.

Have you seen all the negotiations that Senators Richard Shelby and Sherrod Brown discuss in private about the Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs?  They are on the Senate Banking Committee with Elizabeth Warren who you love so much.  You see some of the hearings when they interrogate someone but you do not see what goes on behind closed doors about who they are going to question and what they plan on putting into the next bill.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

I agree it's probably due to religious reasons but not knowing what penalty should occur in a hypothetical situation might be a little stretch.  WalterEgo thinks CEO pay should be cut but he has never mentioned what the penalty should be if they got paid more.  I’m fine with that because it’s not a law yet and we don’t need to think that far into the future until it becomes law and then we need to discuss the penalty phase.

As a disclaimer, I'm pro abortion.  There are some kids I wish were aborted but they weren't.  Oh well, society will support them the rest of their lives.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

I agree that there are some -- those on the video for example.  Is that a representative sample or cherry picked interviews?  Since they did not interview the one guy that was pointed out by the last woman in the video, it is suspicious to me so I would think they were cherry picked.

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer 87% Posted Jan 2015

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer

We must be caught in an infinite loop.

I say we had representation there because we elected representatives through an election process to handle the day-to-day negotiations like that.  We are a representative republic.  We are not a democracy where the 300,000,000 citizens cram into a huge auditorium and individually vote on each issue.

The people are not consulted on issues in our republic unless the elected representative wants feedback.  Once they have been elected, they have full power to handle the affairs the way the representative thinks is in the best interest of the public they represent.  They are under no legal obligation to take a poll of their constituents prior to creating bills.

When it comes time for re-election, if the representative did a bad job in the eyes of their voters, they risk someone else being voted in to replace them.  It is in the best interest of the representative to do what is expected by the majority if they plan on keeping their job for another term.

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer 87% Posted Jan 2015

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer

Representatives meeting in secret does not mean our country did not have representation.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

"I like the Norwegian approach because it puts rehabilitation as the number one priority"  rehabilitation = counseling

The couple days part was a sarcastic exaggeration but I guess you didn't get that huh?  Obviously I knew a muderer wasn't set free after two days of counseling.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

Thanks, that's what we needed.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

Great.  WalterEgo found it himself.  The first comment on the first link clears it up.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

Can you find the video on Boreme about the prison system in Netherlands?

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer 87% Posted Jan 2015

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer

“You didn't comment on ‘corporations don't work within the rules of society because government doesn't represent the people’ . Does that mean you agree?”  I purposely ignored that because it was explained ad nauseum in previous comments.  You are now being silly mentioning it again when I clearly said that corporations work within the rules of society.  Don’t know why you’re starting to sound like SAT and his broken record problem.

“If you don't agree, cut all the waffle and just explain how 'the people' were represented at secret TTIP negotiations.”  I told you that one too.  Please read the messages that I type because I don’t like repeating myself.  I’ll state it one more time for you even though the link you provided was very clear.  There were representatives from all those countries.  The representatives were hired by us, the people, to be there so all 300,000,000 citizens of the USA didn’t have to be in the room at the same time while the negotiations were going on.

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer 87% Posted Jan 2015

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer

“you are preventing them from earning their living elsewhere.”  No you are not.  First there are 24 hours in each day over here in the USA and probably over there in the UK too.  A full-time worker usually only works 8 hours a day and 5 of the 7 days in a week.  That leaves plenty of time for a second job.  Besides, like I have been saying all along, we are not forcing anyone to do anything.  If they don’t like that job that is not paying them a living wage, we are not stopping them from earning their living elsewhere.

“If they volunteer, they are volunteering their time for free. Pay them what you like.”  Fine, so you agree we can pay people zero but you don’t agree that we can’t pay them between $0.01 and $10.10 an hour?

If we have to pay people a living wage, does that mean we are not allowed to hire someone for 20 hours a week?  That’s not enough money to make a living so no part time jobs should be allowed, right?

“If you can't afford the living/minimum wage, then you don't have a viable business.”  Wrong.  Those companies that hire the sign holders are making profits and they are nice enough to take some of that money and give it to unskilled and uneducated workers that cannot do anything else with their life other than hold a sign.  Think the company would go out of business if that person didn't hold that sign?  If so, think again.  It would be cheaper for that company to put a pole in the ground and glue the sign to the pole.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

“Also, wouldn't you expect that for someone passionate enough to protest on street corners for a number of years, they would have considered that question?”  I agree with you but it could be an overwhelming majority of them do have an opinion on that matter but this video picked just the few that didn’t to make them look like idiots.

“After all, there are really only two questions concerning abortion - when does "life" start, and what should the penalty be if abortion was illegal?”  Not really.  As a society, we need to agree on what is legal and what is not legal.  Today abortion is legal in the USA (up to a certain number of weeks).  If it becomes illegal someday in the future, then at that time the punishment needs to be discussed.  Should we determine what the punishment for owning a house should be?  Oh wait, it's not illegal yet so of course not.

I believe the goal of this group of people is to convince someone that abortion is killing a real life to hopefully skew the next time it comes up at the supreme court for review.  If it became illegal then all the abortion clinics would need to be shut down making it harder for the women to get an abortion.  Then you would have to determine who to punish.  Would that be the woman that got the abortion or the doctor?  Then you decide what the punishment should be.  They are just at Phase 1 of the process.

“Some rely on God to tell them what to think, which in my books is stupid.”  I don’t think people that believe in God are stupid, just uninformed.  I don’t think you are stupid either even though we debate many issues.

“I suspect most avoid that question because they don't truly believe that the removal of a bunch of unconscious cells is murder, quite like blowing someone's head off with a Magnum.”  Did you notice that these are people had a problem with capital punishment too?  They didn’t feel the death penalty for murder should be death.  That says a lot about their views and why they didn’t have an answer.  They felt counseling was appropriate for it.  Just like you think we should do with our prisoners — instead of taking them out of society, they should be paid some luxury vacation like the Netherlands and set free after a couple days of counseling.

Fox News terrorism expert thinks Birmingham is totally Muslim 88% Posted Jan 2015

Fox News terrorism expert thinks Birmingham is totally Muslim

I don't want my tax dollars paying for TV election ads either.  Maybe the solution you're looking for is to take away our freedom of speech and nobody should be allowed to mention any political candidate in the newspaper, on the TV, on YouTube, on a roadside sign, or any other form of media.

When it comes election day, you will see a list of people running for office and you can pick your candidate without any media influence.

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer 87% Posted Jan 2015

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer

“I don't have a problem with people making money.” You seem to have a problem with it.  That’s income inequality and you complain about it all the time.

“I don't have a problem with people making a lot of money, as long as it is within the rules that society agrees on”  And those people do make their money within the rules.  There are some exceptions like the mafia and drug lords and I would agree with those people should be removed from society.  Can you give me an example of someone that made their money outside of the rules like Bill Gates, Walmart Family, Warren Buffet?

“not on the whim of the corporation”  It’s both.  Corporations work within the rules of society and at the whim of the corporation.  If society did not want corporations doing something in particular, they can stop it by creating more regulation or rules against it.  Can you give me an example of the “Whim of a corporation” that is making someone a lot of money that you disagree with?  Is it Walmart selling cheap products that you don’t like?  You don’t think Microsoft should be allowed to sell their operating system or office product?  McDonalds should be forbidden from selling burgers?  What is it?

“I have a problem with pay at the low end.”  Then don’t work at that low end but also don’t tell a student what jobs they can have while trying to build experience and to pay for their books.  You take the jobs you want and let others take the ones they want.

Important question and please answer this one:  Do you think nobody should be allowed to volunteer their time for a cause they think is good such as volunteering at the homeless shelter, the zoo, or Quigly House?  Should those people get paid at least $10.10 an hour?  Should we make it illegal for students to take internships?  That’s where they work for a company for free and get course credits but no pay.

“It is not ethical to offer someone a full time job on a wage they can't live on.”  There are some jobs that just do not warrant that much money.  We have people holding signs up at the edge of the road.  Do you really think that person should get paid enough to support a family of 5, buy a 4 bedroom house, buy three cars, give them healthcare, and pay for all their food, clothing, water, sewage, and electric?  That is what we call unskilled labor and you get a very low wage for that kind of work.

Perhaps you will get your wish some day when we replace all those low-end jobs with machines like the ATM.  We also have beverage dispensers.  Those are taking potential jobs away from people trying to start out.

You may not be old enough to remember but there used to be soda shops where people would go to just get a drink.  Those days are gone because they have been replaced with technology.  Just put your money in a machine and out pops a soda.

“And avoiding taxes.”  Not happening but nice try again.  We have already been through that and you were unable to find a company in the USA that is avoiding taxes.  You tried the Apple company but failed.  You must have believed something you heard in the media without fact-checking it yourself.

“I think the minimum wage should be a living wage”  There is a big difference, in my opinion, between income inequality and minimum wage versus living wage.  Income inequality is usually the 1% versus the 99% not the super poor versus the low class.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

“But the reality is corporations are replacing the people in government, and deciding the rules that govern themselves.” Not true.  People vote for who we want as our representatives through a direct vote.  The president is decided through an electoral college.  We should be selecting these representatives based on the issues and how they would be voting on those issues.

“TTIP is an example of corporations deciding the rules that govern corporations.”  I do not agree.  Who was it in those secret meetings?  CEO’s of corporations or the representatives of the countries?

“Bankers not going to jail for crimes on a massive scale,”  Again not true but that has nothing to do with income inequality.  You hear about a UK bank doing money laundering in Mexico and made an assumption that the people who accepted the money did not go to jail.  What you thought was appropriate was that the CEO who is probably 15 or more management levels away from them should go to jail.

“is also an example of corporations deciding the rules that govern corporations. There are many more examples. Can you think of any?”  No, I cannot think of any and apparently neither can you because the examples you provided are not examples of corporations making laws.  Our congress and senate both need to agree about what laws are going to pass and then the President needs to sign the bill or Veto it so there are many layers of approval before it becomes law and none of them have anything to do with the approval by any corporations.

Leopard befriends impala 88% Posted Jan 2015

Leopard befriends impala

At 1:10 you can see that the imapla is already injured.  There are big bleeding sores on its legs.

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions? 88% Posted Jan 2015

What should happen to women who have illegal abortions?

It's a video created for the purpose of making the movement look like idiots.  You have no idea how many thousands of people were interviewed before they came up with the few people that didn't have an answer for his questions.

Part of the proof is with the last lady where she said to go talk to Joe because he has more answers but the video did not include an interview with that person.

Most of the people said that they didn’t know the answer.  That’s at least better than making something up.

cengland0