Chappie (2015) - Official trailer 87% Posted Jan 2015

Chappie (2015) - Official trailer

Hope they don't make too much money off this movie or WalterEgo will have a problem with that.

Fox News terrorism expert thinks Birmingham is totally Muslim 88% Posted Jan 2015

Fox News terrorism expert thinks Birmingham is totally Muslim

And this is the exact reason you don't trust the media unless you fact-check the data yourself.

The media is very powerful and people do blindly believe it but the same thing goes for religion.  This is why you have to be careful and be skeptical of everything.  If you want to believe something, try to find the source of the information for yourself.  Anyone on YouTube and the media can say anything but not all of it is true.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

“We have agreed that corporations are a subset of society, that the people decide the rules that govern corporations, and that government is the people's tool for enacting these rules. Therefore, government does not represent corporations and individuals as you think, it represents the people who decide the rules that govern corporations. Are you still with me?”
No, you lost me.  How did our conversation about income inequality get morphed into this mess where you’re trying to convince me that the government doesn’t represent corporations or that they do or whatever you’re trying to say.  It doesn’t matter because the government has created rules (a.k.a. laws) that both corporations and individuals need to follow.

Since our government has never come up with a law that says CEOs are not allowed to earn any money, then they will continue to get paid for the job.

“When government represents corporations, it means corporations have hijacked government,”  And government represent people so that means people have hijacked the government too.  Your logic is so flawed.

Do you finally agree that CEO pay is valid considering that the board of directors, picked by the investors, selected the CEO and salary?  If not, then you are okay with everyone else making money except the CEOs of large corporations?  Everyone else is okay including Gordon Ramsey from the UK that has come over to the USA to make millions.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

“So if government represents corporations rather than the people, i.e. it is corrupt, how does the libertarian approach of smaller government, help change a government that represents corporations, to one that represents the people? “  That might be where you’re confused.  The government represents both corporations and the individuals not just corporations like you stated.  There are laws that prohibit corporations from doing things and laws for individuals too.  Both pay taxes.  I don’t know why you think that a libertarian government will only represent corporations.  You seem to be stretching reality to make libertarians look bad but, in reality, they are actually good concepts.

In a libertarian society, the government would not subsidize farmers to grow wheat.  Today, the price of bread is very cheap because our tax dollars help pay farmers to grow wheat.  If we had a libertarian government, the subsidies would stop and the price of bread would increase.  In that way, the people who buy the bread products will pay more for it distributing the costs to the people using it instead of everyone.  As for me, I have a gluten intolerance so I don’t use wheat but I’m still paying for others to get it for cheap.

If your house is burning down and you need the services of the fire department, you should have to pay for that service.  If it was caused by someone else, you may have the ability to sue that person to recover your costs.  Why should I continue paying my tax dollars to prevent other people’s houses from burning down when I take all the necessary precautions to prevent that at my house?  If people are afraid they cannot afford it, perhaps that cost could go into a private insurance policy.  At least it should be optional.

I don’t have to carry flood insurance so if my house was lost to a flood, I’ve lost my home.  So why do I have to pay taxes to make sure there’s a fire department available for free?  This is where the differences are with democrats wanting to have taxes pay for all social services and libertarians wanting people that use those services to pay for them.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

“Let's sum up where we've got to. You agree that society decides the rules that govern corporations, but in our representative democracies, government (the people's tool to create the rules we all abide by) is not working as it should because it is not representing the people.”

Yes, that sums it up.  If I was happy with the way our government was spending our tax dollars and the laws that they create, then I wouldn’t care if they were democratic, republican, or libertarian.  There are others like authoritarian but I absolutely would never want that.

The type of government is independent of the type of economy you have.  We have a capitalistic economy and that is more important to me than the type of government.  I wouldn’t want someone taking my ability away to earn at my potential and I wouldn’t want the majority of the businesses to be owned by the government.  Where I live, the water, sewage, and electric companies are private non-government companies and I like that.  One is even a co-op so I share in the profits and get money back if they make a profit.

I don’t care if prisons are owned by private companies either.  It sort of makes sense because with large government, there is a lot of bureaucracy where the state officials make the decisions and they don’t care about price or efficiency.  The only thing they care about is their pay check and how fast the time is passing so they can go home.

A for-profit company will run things more cheaply.  So when the state puts prisoners in a for-profit prison system, the idea there is that the government is supposed to save money.  It is the same idea if the government wants to buy a hammer.  They have the option of manufacturing one themselves or buying one at the local hardware store.  Which one will be cheaper?  The private company especially if there are multiple companies that produce the same product and the government has to pick the cheapest one that fits their needs. (Unlike some no-bid contracts that we had during the war with Halliburton.)

I sometimes hire contractors instead of permanent employees.  Those contractors typically get paid more than an employee but then do not get paid for holidays, vacation, sick days, and do not get health benefits.  So sometimes, it’s still cheaper to go outside your own entity to get a specialist and pay them for their expertise than it is to have one on staff.  I’ve had to hire electricians, plumbers, concrete companies, handyman services, etc.  I do not keep them on my staff and pay them more than a reasonable hourly wage to not have to worry about additional employee expenses.  Even home builders that use these services all the time still sub contract that work out.  So why can’t the government do the same thing by sub contracting out work when it makes sense to do so?

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

We are a representative republic so we elect people to make decisions for us.  We do not have a direct vote on every issue.  So we sent our representatives to do those negotiations -- just like every negotiation that occurs.

When our leaders are considering a bill and what to put into it, several of the representatives working in a group get together to formulate the wording of it and it gets put into a larger bill.  Those bills are then voted on in the House of Representatives and then the Senate.  How many of those do you get a chance to read before the vote?  And, even if you did get the chance, you have no power to change anything since you have no voting rights.

In the USA, we cannot even vote for our President.  We vote for a member of our electoral college to cast a vote for us.  They should vote for who they are representing but there is no law prohibiting them for voting for a different president — and that has happened before.

In the UK, you cannot vote for your Prime Minister either.  It is chosen from the political party that has the most seats in parliament.  Your dictator (a.k.a., the Queen) can refuse that pick and grant a dissolution of Parliament.

Your Queen has the right to regular private meetings with your Prime Minister.  Those discussions are strictly confidential.  And, you cannot pick who your next monarch is so don't try to say the USA is the only country with voting flaws.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

Huh?  It says it right in the document you linked:

"Negotiations for the TPP have included representatives from the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, Malaysia, Chile, Singapore, Peru, Vietnam, and Brunei, but have been conducted behind closed doors."

Urugay wasn't mentioned.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

“you agree the rules that govern society (including corporations) should be decided by society. And like almost everybody else, you don't like some of the rules society decides on.”  Right and there are many rules that I don’t like but have to deal with them the way they are because our republic has decided it will be that way.

“when a corporation like tobacco giant Philip Morris sues Australia over new rules demanding plain packaging for cigarettes, and Uruguay for printing health warnings on them?”  Yes, that should be allowed as long as Australia and Uruguay signed the agreement to allow that.  I, as an individual, can sue Philip Morris.  That doesn’t mean that I would win but I have the right to go in front of a Judge, and sometimes a jury.

“And that the hearings are … held in private”  The countries involved agreed to that.

“in international courts at the World Bank in Washington DC”  The countries involved agreed to that.

“bypassing the legal system of the country being sued”  The countries involved agreed to that.

“Isn't that corporations acting outside of society? What should society do about it?”  No, in fact it is the opposite.  It makes the corporations part of an even bigger global society.  They may have been isolated into a small country before but now they are part of planet Earth.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

“You imply that since you, as a part of society, are required to abide by society's laws, then corporations are too. Did I understand that correctly?”  I will agree to that.

“Do we agree that society (the people of a nation) decide on the rules that govern corporations.”  I will agree to that too.

“Do you agree that the people's 'tool' to decide on the rules that govern society, is government?”  The legislative and judicial branches are but those have have more control than they should have.

There are government controls that shouldn’t be there.  For example, I have to pay hundreds of dollars every year to file my annual report.  There is a $400 penalty if I don’t pay on time.  What is the purpose of that payment other than to give the government more money?  https://services.sunbiz.org/Filings/AnnualReport/FilingStart  The annual report is not a financial report — all that goes to the IRS and there is no fee for filing my taxes every year.  The annual report just lists who I have assigned as my scretary, treasurer, vice president, and me as the president.  It doesn't change and, even if it does, the fees to document it every year is excessive.

Why do I have to pay for a drivers license?  If you want to get married, why do you have to pay for a marriage license?  What about a fishing license?  It becomes crazy where the government controls every aspect of our lives.  If I want to get married, I shouldn’t have to apply though any government agency for permission to do that and have to pay for that privilege.  This is where libertarians think government should stay out of people’s lives.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

“If you believe that corporations sit outside of society”  That is not what I said or meant.  Corporations exist as a subset of a larger society; however so do I.  I do not have do whatever the pressures of society makes me do unless there is a legal requirement to do it.  Corporations are the same way.

“where a corporation can sue a foreign country if its laws affect the corporation's profits - makes sense.”  Yes, that does make sense.  You can sue foreign countries that agreed to abide by particular contracts and then did something against that contract.  You couldn’t sue North Korea, for example, because they did not enter into the agreement.

“If corporations sit outside of society, there's nobody to oversee them. They are acting as dictators.”  You are clearly not understanding it.  Corporations are part of society but they do not have to do what society wants them to do.  There is oversight and laws that they must abide by and libertarians do not want lawlessness and anarchy.  I’m not sure why you keep thinking that.  I just think that corporations should be allowed to pay whatever they want to pay their CEOs and you as a bystander that has no financial interest in that company shouldn’t have any voice in CEO pay.  You can, however, boycott any company that you disagree with and if too many other people do the same thing then that company will need to change or go bankrupt.

“So if the people decide that corporations should only be required to benefit a tiny few, and that there should be no minimum wage - then so be it.”  There is a minimum wage so no problem for you and your views.  Corporations benefit all employees and all customers so no problem for your views.
-----------
“I wouldn't put a limit on what people can earn. I don't mind as long as in earning that money, they respect their staff, pay reasonable wages, don't damage the environment, don't damage people's health, etc.”  Awesome then you don’t care what a CEO makes.  I am finally getting through to you.

“If you made millions, had 1 employee and paid him minimum wage, so that taxpayers had to help out in benefits, I'd have a problem with that.”  That’s where we disagree because you have some delusion that all employees contribute to the financial success of the company.  What if my employee was my nanny or lawn care service?  Should I give that person half of my billions just because he’s my only employee?  Have you considered that those people felt they were getting paid what they deserve for their job and that’s why they do it otherwise they would quit and go somewhere else.  I do not see any reason a business owner needs to share profits with the employees.

Oh, this brings up a good question.  If you think employees should be paid part of the profits, what if the company has a loss, should the employees be required to pay for that loss out of their pockets too?

“If you made your millions by overcharging the taxpayer because your device was desperately needed, then I'd have a problem with that.”  Overcharging is subjective.  Of course you would ask for as much as you possibly can and through the negotiation process, you would come upon a price that both the government and the business owner feels is acceptable for both parties.  Look at how Ross Perot got his billions for an example.

“If your business was struggling, and you couldn't afford to pay your staff a living wage, I wouldn't have a problem with the taxpayer helping out until you could afford to pay a living wage.”  You say that the taxpayer helps out as if it’s helping the corporation but it’s not.  It’s helping the worker.  The worker may not be able to work all the hours necessary to get paid a living wage or have the skills necessary to get enough money to earn a living wage.  You’re not subsiding the corporation in these cases but you are helping the uneducated, lazy, and unskilled.

“So I would tax a billionaire's income at a higher rate than his secretary's,”  Where did you get the idea that someone that earns a billion in income pays a lower rate than his secretary?  Warren Buffett?  You should try fact checking that.  According to the IRS, the tax rate for someone that makes over 406,750 is 39.6%.  A secretary making 30K would only pay 13.5%.  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf

“Libertarians see tax as theft of their hard earned money. Socialists see tax as a contribution to the building and maintenance of society.”  If everyone paid the same tax dollar amount, I would agree.  However, the amount of taxes that I pay is larger than many of my friend’s entire annual salary.  Is that fair?  Do I get any more benefits from that extra money?  Does the government defend me more than anyone else?  Do I get better police service than my neighbor?  Does my vote count more when deciding who I want as President?  Nope.  I get no additional benefits for paying more money than everyone else.  I think that is what’s unfair.

Let’s use another hypothetical situation so you can see how taxes are unfair.  You go to Walmart to buy a bundle of bananas.  The cashier asks to see your last pay stub and you ask why.  She then says it’s so they can determine how much to charge you for those bananas.  If you earn more, you should pay more.  They are the same bananas that everyone else gets but, in your society, you should pay more than others just because you earn more.  Does that sound fair?

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated 87% Posted Jan 2015

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated

I win again.  You cannot prove the prison is making people leave with debt that they didn't go in with and I proved that doesn't happen.  Good for me.

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated 87% Posted Jan 2015

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated

That's being an idiot then.  The link I provided was from the New Jersey correctional facility.  So why would I believe Chris Hedges when it contradicts what the state of New Jersey has fully documented?

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated 87% Posted Jan 2015

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated

I suggest you click on the llink that I provided above where the prison system prohibits any activity that would put those prisoners in debt.  They even have processes in place to make sure they have at least $20 in their pocket when they leave.

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated 87% Posted Jan 2015

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated

“i am all for the private prison system as long as the tax payer doesn't have to pay for it”  And if it wasn’t private, the taxpayer would be paying for it so what’s the difference?

“as long as inmates don't get out of prison with debt”  They do not.  If you read the manual that I clicked on, it clearly outlines how they prevent that.    When you are earning money, the system will not allow you to spend it unless you have over $20 in your commissary balance.  You cannot spend below the $20 so you will have at least $20 when you leave the system.  Other prisoners are not allowed to buy things from the commissary for others as that could become a loan.

It is possible to still leave the prison with a debt.  Did you go in with a debt?  Not all the debts will be forgiven when you leave.  You may have been forced to pay back restitution by the courts.  I think that’s fair since they caused a financial loss for someone and that person should be compensated.

If you think all debts should be forgiven, I would like to buy a house and finance it and then do something minor illegal that puts me into the system for a month and then when I get out, I have a free house.  Woo hoo!

Pop Music Masterclass - Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' 89% Posted Jan 2015

Pop Music Masterclass - Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off'

Black and white videos and photos aren’t artistic, they are stupid.  It made sense in some things like the movie Schindler’s List because the director wanted it to look like a movie from the 40’s.  However, it’s now 2015 and everyone should be shooting in color.

I'm sure his video device shot this in color and then he had to go through even more effort to convert it to black and white -- what a waste of time. He is actually making this into a documentary by teaching us what makes a song catchy.  I’ve taken a couple of the free Harvard and MIT online courses and none of them were in black and white so it is clearly an unnecessary step and  was actually quite distracting.

By the way, if you want a good free education, I recommend this to everyone.   http://www.harvard.edu/faqs/free-courses

Soloshot, robot cameraman 87% Posted Jan 2015

Soloshot, robot cameraman

Now it helps people take pictures of their dinner and alcohol and post it on facebook for all their friends to see what they had.

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand 88% Posted Jan 2015

Keiser Report Christmas Edition with Russell Brand

Jesus Christ Walter.  How can we have a serious conversation when we are talking about one thing such as Income Inequality and then you ignore some important components and questions and then try to steer the conversation into libertarianism.

I will consider this a win on my side because it’s obvious to me that you had no ability to counter the questions that I had so Income Inequality is not an issue for you now.  I’m glad you finally came to your senses.

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated 87% Posted Jan 2015

How prisons rip off and exploit the incarcerated

“Their wage is $1.30 for 8 hours of work which is roughly $28 a month.  But their commissary prices… have risen by over 100%.”  But earlier he said “Everything at least 50%” Anyway the way he worded that, one item could have doubled in price and it would be technically accurate but deceptive.  He could have just stated the real figure of 50%.

This is comparing prices from 1996 to today.  That is 19 years ago and inflation prices would have increased it over 50% anyway.  http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl  The way he worded it, it is completely worthless and is intended to make you think it’s excessive.  What if the toothpaste was vastly under priced at $0.01 per tube and they increased the price to $0.02 per tube.  That is a 100% price increase but is also still below market value norm. Chris Hedges is a master of leaving out important details like this to make things sound worse than they are.

Then he goes on to state that a comb costs six cents.  I can’t buy a comb for that price so he’s really trying to screw with your mind.

According to the New Jersey prisoner handbook, the salaries are different depending on the job you get.  Suppose there’s income inequality there too. http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/pdf/OTS/090311_Understanding%20the%20NJDOC%20Prison%20System.pdf  I would bet Chris Hedges picked the lowest paying job in this discussion.

Chris says the prisoners are not given shoes and must purchase them from the Commissary.  I need proof because I seriously doubt that is true.  I cannot imagine a prisoner being forced to walk around barefoot.  The handbook I linked above says that they are given a prison uniform during their reception and I bet that includes shoes but it did not go into details of what is included.  Someone would need to show me a page from the nj dot us site stating shoes are not included before I will believe it.

Topher White - When a tree calls for help 88% Posted Jan 2015

Topher White - When a tree calls for help

So, in fact, if you have a system, in fact, that you can use, in fact, to listen to the forest, in fact, it can in fact send you an email, in fact, and in fact, you can in fact, get to a logger, in fact, in real time, in fact.

North Korea in numbers 87% Posted Jan 2015

North Korea in numbers

This is the problem with the media.  Can you trust it to be true?  I don't.  You need to have credible evidence and some random person creating a video saying something is true does not make it so.

Only certain hair styles are allowed?  Prove it.  Why wasn't Dennis Rodman killed by firing squad because his hair style wasn't in the list.  What is the punishment if you didn't have the same hair style?  What if you were in a fire and your hair burned up or you had cancer and lost it all?  I call BS on this without more proof.

cengland0