Bill Maher - F**k Mars 88% Posted May 2017

Bill Maher - F**k Mars

Bill, hate to break the news to you but Mars does have air.  The composition is different than what you find on Earth but it still has air.

Noam Chomsky: Republican Party most dangerous organisation in the world 86% Posted May 2017

Noam Chomsky: Republican Party most dangerous organisation in the world

You talk a lot but didn't say anything to address my comment.

Noam Chomsky: Republican Party most dangerous organisation in the world

How did Noam become such an authority on Global Warming?  Why does he think he's more qualified to give his opinions on it?  He does not have a degree in climate science.  His doctorate from 1955 that he got for transformational grammar is outdated and irrelevant.

Can climate change cause earthquakes? 87% Posted Apr 2017

Can climate change cause earthquakes?

"When we came out of the last ice age..."  Actually, we are still in that ice age.

Earth's magnetic field is going to flip, here's how we know 86% Posted Mar 2017

Earth's magnetic field is going to flip, here's how we know

Selective science.  Scientists seem to have no problem doing research to find out what happened in our history for magnetic fields but they do have a problem looking beyond 1880 when it comes to the earth's temperature.  This is what is called Cherry Picking.

Arctic ice not being replaced, and why that is a HUGE problem 87% Posted Feb 2017

Arctic ice not being replaced, and why that is a HUGE problem

1.  Then what do you say are your alternative facts?

2.  Humans were not around at that time.  That is my whole point.  These cycles occur regardless of human activity.

3.  Don't know and don't care.  All I need to know is that humans did not cause it and that casts doubt about AGW.  We are coming out of an ice age wo it is common sense that the termperatures are warming and would be doing so with or without us.  We might be expediting it slightly but, by how much that is, is unknown.

Arctic ice not being replaced, and why that is a HUGE problem

Any climate data prior to 1880 is rejected because it doesn't tell the story they want to tell.  You can look at historical cycles millions of years ago that shows the earth has been 16 degrees C warmer most of the time when animals roamed the planet.  But since all that is prior to 1880, it's meaningless to the general public.

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Not me.  My discussions are not political and are usually limited to AGW.

Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years 87% Posted Dec 2016

Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years

Just noticed a typo. Should be kill, not keep.
Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years 87% Posted Dec 2016

Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years

How much time do you think we have?  You've stated before that global warming will keep every single species on this planet.  But when?

Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years 87% Posted Dec 2016

Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years

Guy McPherson is such a quack.  I will gamble $1,000,000 dollars that he's wrong.  Anybody take me up on that deal?  If humans are around in 10 years, you owe me a million US dollars.  If all humans are gone in 10 years, I will give you a million US dollars.

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

Blindly trust.  No. I don't blindly trust anything from anyone.

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

Yes, solar radiation is missing from the graph.  Are you now saying that CO2 isn't the only thing causing climate change and other things like solar radiation is part of it too?  I thought you previously stated that there hasn't been any change in solar activity.  What are you trying to say now?

Do you at least agree that there is no correlation between global temperatures and CO2 when you look at the historical record of the planet?

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

Take a look at the historical record that contains both CO2 and temperature and you tell me if you see any correlation:   https://www.iceagenow.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Temperature-and-CO2-thru-time-660x372.gif

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

Which claim?

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

Couple things.  First, I didn't mention anything about earth's orbit and tilt.  I did mention the ice age that we are currently in.

Second, you guys should all get together and come up with a common story.  Last I heard is that the last 10 years were the hottest 10 years on record (or something like that).  Now I'm being told that we are in a cooling period.  So which is it?

I know what makes a scientific theory so I don't need to be educated on that.  However, I didn't think you knew because you and other proponents of AGW somehow think that AGW is already a theory.

You are like a broken record and keep mentioning CO2 levels.  If you look at our historical record, you will see that there is no correlation between CO2 levels and the global temperatures of the planet.  In small scale scientific experiments, you might be able to hold heat using CO2 but it doesn't appear to work that way on a large scale planet all the time.  Maybe once you get to the Venus stage it will but not yet.  Wish you would look at the past history of the planet because that would resolve a lot of our disagreements. I think you would understand where I'm coming from if you could just look at it.

I'm not looking for a Nobel prize.  But there's one for you if you can prove there is no god.  As for me, I'm not trying to prove anything.  I'm the one asking for the proof of what others are claiming.

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

It is true that I don't know that there is no god but it's an extraordinary claim and that requires extraordinary proof.  Since it is such a far fetched proposal, I choose to think there is no god until shown otherwise.

Just as ridiculous is the tooth fairy.  I cannot prove that it doesn't exist but it's such a crazy idea that I'm not even going to bother myself thinking about it until it gets into the mainstream discussions and people start believing. Then I will require proof before I will entertain the idea.

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

"Believe" is a word I wouldn't use.  It's more like I don't agree with AGW unless they can prove the hypothesis.  Since there are other hypothesis that haven't been disproven such as ice age cycles, then I cannot get onboard as a believer in AGW.  Doesn't necessarily mean that I believe it's due to the end of the ice age either.  It's just that there are alternative explanations and they must all be removed as possible causes of the warming with one left and the single one left must go through the scientific method to prove it and get promoted to the theory level.

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

Huh? What? Not sure you understood my last message.

I don't have any proof there is a god and no proof that there isn't any.  So my default is that there is no god until someone shows me the proof.

Why do some people not believe the evidence? 94% Posted Dec 2016

Why do some people not believe the evidence?

Because it's just that -- an opinion.  I want scientific proof before I believe in something.  Same reason I don't believe in God, the tooth fairy, alien piloted UFOs, and big foot.

Do you believe in God?  Since you don't have proof that he doesn't exist, why don't you accept the opinion of the majority of the theologists with Phds?

guest123456789