San Francisco vs Big Oil - The trial begins 87% Posted May 2018

San Francisco vs Big Oil - The trial begins

Keep it (oil) in the ground. Stephen Lewis, Avi Lewis and Naomi Klein

Richard Wolff - Marxist economic theory explained 87% Posted May 2018

Richard Wolff - Marxist economic theory explained

Guest...I agree with your statement....I don't think it's right that the founders and owners of a company should give up control to their employees.

I do think working people can and should control the means of procuction ....collectively.

In 2004 I read a book entitled," PARECON - Participatory Economics"  by Michael Albert  - VERSO Publishing.  There is a better way.

Noam Chomsky: Donald Trump is a distraction 88% Posted May 2018

Noam Chomsky: Donald Trump is a distraction

Global Warming and/or Nuclear War....geez. We're certainly in a pickle. I hope people start caring for each other and ...the planet.

Blair Phillips

Noam Chomsky - A perfect storm 87% Posted May 2018

Noam Chomsky - A perfect storm

Thanks Professor Chomsky for sharing your knowledge and insight into what's happened to Democracy/Society since the 50's/ 60's. Those were....great times for growing up in.

Retired Autoworker

Water saving methods of a Cape Town family 89% Posted Mar 2018

Water saving methods of a Cape Town family

Smart children(and parents)...thanks for sharing.

Mr. Phillips

Enjoy Vladimir Putin's extraordinary alpha male walk 94% Posted Mar 2018

Enjoy Vladimir Putin's extraordinary alpha male walk

In my humble opinion, we need more people like Vladimir on this planet. He appears to care about the people of his country. He prefers socialism to Capitalism as most of the population on the planet does as well.  He's a credit to himself and a fine example to others.

Canadian pot sobriety test 86% Posted Mar 2018

Canadian pot sobriety test

I used like  peanut butter and strawbeery jam sand wiches...maybe two of them. In reality, When I smoked dope, I was a menace on my bike, and then my motorcycle and then in my vehicle. I missed out on an a possible professional hockey carreer, an education at a private boys school here in St. Catharines and post-secondary education.  I have no idea why people want to legalize smoking dope.

Canada

Egyptian TV host recommends psychiatric treatment for atheist 86% Posted Mar 2018

Egyptian TV host recommends psychiatric treatment for atheist

We have religious extremists here in Canada too! Nothing wrong with Athiests or agnostics. Great people living in our comunities and contributing to our comunities..

Trump's Brand is Ayn Rand 87% Posted Mar 2018

Trump's Brand is Ayn Rand

I was brought up believing that a caring community and civil society are an important part of everyday living.

Riding Pyongyang's metro system 86% Posted Mar 2018

Riding Pyongyang's metro system

Looks great...whether it's like other Communist countries or not...looks great and inexpensive and clean and the people are well dressed...whats the problem with Communism again?

Toronto's Transit Commision or TTC and it's GO TRAIN system work very well too. It would be nice to see a return to "equitable taxation" here in Canada  and Corporations and the wealthy started paying their fair share of taxes. Maybe the city of Toronto could then start re-investing in the TTC and the GO TRAIN systems.

Mr. Phillips

St. Catharines

Scientists dismayed over record warming in the Arctic 87% Posted Mar 2018

Scientists dismayed over record warming in the Arctic

I think what he means is, more and greater extreme weather.

Mr. Phillips

North Korea: No need for nukes if no threat of invasion 87% Posted Mar 2018

North Korea: No need for nukes if no threat of invasion

No need for nukes if no threat of invasion....

Don't bet on it....based on past practice.

Mr. Phillips

President Trump's top 5 claims, updated 93% Posted Mar 2018

President Trump's top 5 claims, updated

"Hard to believe he's the President of any country let alone the USA"

Noam Chomsky - Born to be free, or safe and secure 88% Posted Mar 2018

Noam Chomsky - Born to be free, or safe and secure

" Freedom"  to choose to live within a structered community(Kibbutz Givath-Brenner?) of like minded people....Hmmmm...a little slice of heaven.

Mr. Phillips

PARECON supporter

teleSUR special interview with Noam Chomsky 88% Posted Feb 2018

teleSUR special interview with Noam Chomsky

There Is No Humanitarian Crisis in Venezuela, Says UN Expert

The American lawyer and historian, Alfred de Zayas, an expert in the field of " Human Rights ", warned about the use of the term " Humanitarian Crisis"  to intervene in Venezuela and overthrow the current government.

Noam Chomsky's 5 filters of media 87% Posted Feb 2018

Noam Chomsky's 5 filters of media

In 1997 I watched the National Film Board of Canada documentary of the same name - "Manufacturing Consent" . I had to step back and "take a second look". I talked to a long retired Liberal Party of Canada M.P. Jim McNulty about what I had watched. Jim said," Canada has the same problem. He then suggested I contact Tommy Kent who Chaired the 1981 Royal Commission on Newspapers. Jim had Mr. Kents phoned number. Phoned Mr. Kent and had a nice talk with him. Wrote Mr. Kent about my concerns as well. Tom Kent sent me a very nice letter and a signed copy of "The Kent Commission". I've never looked back.

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LVsiP0s33A

2) http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/djclimenhaga/2011/11/if-wed-heeded-tom-kent-1981-our-democracy-would-be-healthier-tod

3) https://fernwoodpublishing.ca/book/yesterdays-news

4) https://www.waterstones.com/book/democracys-oxygen/james-winter/9781551640600

5) http://www.cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/article/view/1185/1114

6) http://www.eutimes.net/2009/03/reuters-and-the-associated-press-are-owned-by-the-rothschild-family/

7) https://dwmw.wordpress.com/2017/02/09/shattered-mirror-stunted-vision-and-a-squandered-opportunities/#comment-17667

Kick ass Donald Trump float 88% Posted Feb 2018

Kick ass Donald Trump float

Hmmm.....

Blair M. Phillips

Norway's solution to recycling plastic 87% Posted Feb 2018

Norway's solution to recycling plastic

Canada should be doing this AND forcing corporations to pay their fair share of taxes.

The awkward debate around Trump's mental fitness 93% Posted Jan 2018

The awkward debate around Trump's mental fitness

Probably the most important video clip Boreme has ever shown.

Nail-biting landing through ferocious wind 87% Posted Jan 2018

Nail-biting landing through ferocious wind

Well done,     considering the gusting crosswind speed and and direction it was coming from....everywhere. " Dancing on the Pedals " is what my Certified Flying Instructor " Ian Day"  used to say.

St. Catharines, Ontario