Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Comment: 10 hours ago

"You need to distinguish between impersonators and me"  No I don't.  I don't have to do anything you or anyone else tells me on this site.  I will respond to whatever messages I want however I want.

If you don't want to get confused with other people, perhaps you should create an account.  That's up to you.

"Obviously been copying and pasting from Wikipedia"  I did no such thing.  For future reference, if I copy and paste a sentence from somewhere, I include it within quotes.

Elizabeth Warren questions new education secretary Betsy DeVos 87% Posted Jan 2017

Elizabeth Warren questions new education secretary Betsy DeVos

Comment: 10 hours ago

You are just throwing terms around without knowing what they mean.  I only said one point and it was to answer the previous person's comment.

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Comment: 10 hours ago

Oh, and regarding El nino and surface temperature.  I never discussed that subject so you have no idea what I understand and what I don't.

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Comment: 11 hours ago

This is my last comment on that libtard subject.  According to the dictionary:

lib·tard
/ˈlibˌtärd/

noun informal offensive
plural noun: libtards

a person with left-wing political views.

Origin: early 21st century: blend of liberal and retard.

Elizabeth Warren questions new education secretary Betsy DeVos

Comment: 11 hours ago

"Should the Secretary of Education at her own discression be able to choose whether or not to enforce rules and regulations that are already in place?"   Laws are different than rules.  Rules are a matter of policy.

The Secretary of Education creates, changes, and deletes rules.  Those existing rules were made by her predecessors and it is possible she doesn't agree with them so may want to change them. If she doesn't have the power to change rules that effect education, it would make her role in government completely useless.  She will probably make her policy fit within the guidelines of what POTUS wants.  This is why POTUS selects his cabinet members to make sure they have the same agenda.

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Comment: 11 hours ago

What gives you the idea that I'm on the left?  You should read more of my messages and think about that again.

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Comment: 11 hours ago

What the hell are you talking about?  I am definitely not liberal so you have me confused with someone else.

I also have no idea what El nino and all these other hemispheres and things you mention have anything to do with me.  Again, probably confusing me with someone else.

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Comment: 11 hours ago

"A contract structured like that is fundamentally immoral." But that's between two parties and why should congress or anyone else get in the way of what two parties want to do?

"No sane retiree would leave his widow in that kind of predicament after his death."  Apparently they do.  When you get that reverse mortgage, you do have the option of putting it in both names so both parties have to die before the house belongs to the bank.  You may not get as much income each month (probably depends on actuary tables) but, again, that all depends on the owner of the house to decide how to structure it.

George Carlin - Swearing on the Bible 87% Posted Jan 2017

George Carlin - Swearing on the Bible

Comment: 14 hours ago

Boreme editor probably posted this video because today is the day Trump will be sworn into office and he has selected two Bibles for this purpose.  The Lincoln Bible and I believe one his grandmother gave him.

You do NOT have to swear on the bible to become President.  The Presidential oath of office is described in Article II, section 1 of the Constitution.

"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

"Nothing in this section requires that the oath of office be taken on the Bible. Neither do the words "so help me God" appear in the oath. While Presidents often include this phrase in their inauguration ceremonies, the words are customary; they are not required by the Constitution and have no legal significance."

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Comment: 14 hours ago

What is it with you and the word "libtards" lately?  It seems that's a new insult word you discovered and you think it fits every situation so use it constantly.  It's immature and unintelligent.

And what does rule 12 have anything to do with my comment?  It is completely irrelevant.

Elizabeth Warren questions new education secretary Betsy DeVos

Comment: 15 hours ago

Warren is such an idiot.  She makes it sound like it's a requirement to be poor so you had to appy for a grant or loan for your own education in order to become education secretary.  That is stupid.

The purpose of a university is not to get those students jobs.  It is to give them an education.  If a student picks a useless degree like art or medieval literature, it is their own fault that they will not find a career that uses that knowledge.

If all you want is a job, you should go to a vocational school such as a truck driving school, welding school, or even get a certification as a forklift operator.

An education alone does not guarantee you a job and I don't believe it is the responsibility of the university to find you one.

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Comment: 15 hours ago

Let me get this straight.  Samantha wants a loophole where I can get a reverse mortgage where a bank will pay me money for the rest of my life but if I have my grand kids or wife living in the house, the bank cannot take the home that they have been paying for my entire life?  All I can say is "Wow."

Regarding the 27 cent payment error foreclosure, Samantha conveniently forgot to mention that foreclosures go through courts and "In October, lawyers at the nonprofit Florida Rural Legal Services contested OneWest’s foreclosure and asked the Polk County Circuit Court for a jury trial."

If you miss a payment, the bank doesn't just send goons to the house and have you forceably removed.  There is a process and you go to foreclosure court.  If you rectified the error, I don't believe there's a judge in this country that would allow the foreclosure to continue.

Guided tour of SpaceX with Elon Musk 88% Posted Jan 2017

Guided tour of SpaceX with Elon Musk

Hey, you're right.  A quick search using the same title resulted in a  Youtube 720p version here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzcDY6I_RHk

Still has the music but it's much clearer.

Guided tour of SpaceX with Elon Musk 88% Posted Jan 2017

Guided tour of SpaceX with Elon Musk

Nice to see inside the SpaceX operation but the video quality was one of the worst.  Only 360 lines of resolution and bad music playing in the background while Elon is talking.  Even the cheapest smart phones can take better video than that.  Also, what's up with those 10-12 second blackouts between video segments.  Horrible!

Bill Nye tours Ark Encounter with Ken Ham 87% Posted Jan 2017

Bill Nye tours Ark Encounter with Ken Ham

Bill is not my favorite scientist but I thoroughly enjoyed that discussion.

Mermaids hate plastic 56% Posted Jan 2017

Mermaids hate plastic

This project does nothing to stop me from using plastic bottles.  Plastic is here to stay and is easily recycleable.  What should be focused on is encouraging people to recycle their plastic.

Obama remembers his biggest disappointment 62% Posted Jan 2017

Obama remembers his biggest disappointment

If you want to have more gun control, you're going about it the wrong way by creating new legislation or executive orders.  You need to ratify a new amendment first.  Any new laws or orders would be challenged and nullified.

Snow day in Raleigh 86% Posted Jan 2017

Snow day in Raleigh

So you know, a term is only 4 years -- then we vote again.  The President can only have two terms for up to 8 years.  But there are possibilities of Presidents having up to 10 years but Trump cannot qualify for that.

Snow day in Raleigh 86% Posted Jan 2017

Snow day in Raleigh

Both idiots in both cars went through the intersection with the stop sign without stopping.

Monkeys grieve over dead robot monkey 86% Posted Jan 2017

Monkeys grieve over dead robot monkey

You are easily manipulated if music tells you what to think.

COncernedCitizen