Teslas in Texas 86% Posted Jul 2017

Teslas in Texas

Let the free market determine if a dealership is better for the consumer.  If they refuse to buy the Tesla because they don't use dealerships then the consumers have spoken.  I would bet the consumer would opt to pay less for the car instead of it being an inflated price due to poor negotiation abilities and the comission for the salesman.

Animated reenactment of Air Canada's near-disaster at SFO 87% Posted Jul 2017

Animated reenactment of Air Canada's near-disaster at SFO

What are you talking about?  There are two runways.  28L and 28R (Left and Right).  The 28 refers to the direction of the runway.  The problem was that the plane attempted to land on Taxiway C instead of 28R.

The man who fosters terminally ill children when no one else cares 88% Posted Jul 2017

The man who fosters terminally ill children when no one else cares

I think he is doing great work and should keep doing it; however, I disagree with his gofundme campaign.

Fostering children is a business for some people.  They make money doing this.  "The basic foster care rates currently range from $657 to $820 per month, depending on the age of the child. For children who have special requirements, there is a specialized care increment, ranging from $79 up to $840 per month, determined by the child's social worker."

The medical care is paid by the state 100% so he shouldn't have any out of pocket expenses.  His roof needs to be replaced and he wants to buy a new vehicle.  He should be able to afford those payments with the monthly income he is getting for those children.  Now that he's asking for more money, he's trying to milk the system for everything he can get.  That's just not fair.

Jimmy Dore - Wimbledon ban 45% Posted Jul 2017

Jimmy Dore - Wimbledon ban "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" chant

Anyone with a camera, including those in a cheap smartphone, and internet access can have their own Youtube channel.

The spider with three super powers 88% Posted Jul 2017

The spider with three super powers

Oh God.  I think we should burn Portia and then nuke her from space just to be sure.

TYT - EU slaps Google with record fine 86% Posted Jun 2017

TYT - EU slaps Google with record fine

You have a choice.  If you don't like how Google operates, use yahoo/altavista, bing, dogpile, lycos, webcrawler, duckduckgo, or any of the others.

Whenever I use my Microsoft Windows machines, the browser keeps defaulting the home pages to msn (a Microsoft service).  Their app store keeps trying to sell me Microsoft Office.  When I'm on a web page using Internet Explorer and highlight a word then right click, I get "map with Bing, Search with Bing, Translate with Bing."  Where are all the Google options?  You have to go out of your way to add service providers but the default is to use all Microsoft services.

If I install Chrome and make it my default browser, the next time I launch Internet Explorer, it tells me that IE is no longer the default and asks me to change it back.

Curious, does Microsoft do all these things in the EU as well or is there a special version of Windows that is written for that geographic area?  You see why I think Google should win their appeal now.  This could get crazy for any companies offering services but not offering third party options first or at least at the same time.  This Google fine can set a precedence.

TYT - EU slaps Google with record fine 86% Posted Jun 2017

TYT - EU slaps Google with record fine

When Google had it's IPO, I didn't invest because I didn't know how they would make money as a search engine that was offered to the public for free.  Turns out they make billions now.  It was a mistake but I now understand more about how that company earns revenue.

Google is not a search engine company, they are an advertisement company.  They provide services that people want to use so that their corporate customers who pay them to display advertisements will have landing pages.  If you type specific key words into the Google Search, there are companies that pay to have advertisements displayed in those cases.  Youtube, another Google company embeds advertisements into the videos for revenue.

I certainly hope Google wins their appeal because it would be ridiculous to expect a company to offer competing products or services in the same manner as their own.

If I go to maps.google.com, should I be prompted somewhere on the top of that page to go to the Bing map site?  I think no.  Not only no but hell no!

Jimmy Dore - Press fall in line to camera ban at press briefings 45% Posted Jun 2017

Jimmy Dore - Press fall in line to camera ban at press briefings

I would imagine that the briefing room has limited space so it is by invitation only.  Many people wait years to get a spot there.  So if you finally get invited, you don't want to risk losing your privileges by doing something that would get you kicked out.

What could have happened was Jimmy's question.  Spicer could have walked out.  He could have the person that turned on the camera escorted out.  Although we have freedom of the press, that does not mean you have the freedom to enter the briefing room anytime you like.  That is a privilege, not a right.

Jimmy, if you think it’s so easy, why don’t you go into the briefing room and then turn on a camera yourself to see what happens.  Oh, you’re not invited — that’s why.

TYT - EU slaps Google with record fine 86% Posted Jun 2017

TYT - EU slaps Google with record fine

I think it would be funny if Google pulled out of the EU and just stopped doing business there.  Current EU customers would be pissed and there is no good alternative.  The EU would be begging Google to come back.

Is there an EU law that says Google must show results to competitors?  What if Google only showed results to it's own products and nobody elses when searching from the EU?

One more thing.  Amazon sells products and 3rd parties are also allowed to sell through Amazon.  If I search for a product on the Amazon site and the search results show Amazon's version of it first, is that breaking the EU laws too?  Amazon is a retail company so it makes sense.

It must really suck to do business in a geographic area where you cannot promote your own products and services before offering 3rd party ones.

Backstage at Glastonbury with Labour's John McDonnell 87% Posted Jun 2017

Backstage at Glastonbury with Labour's John McDonnell

I'm tired about all this talk about Jeremy.  He lost -- get over it.  We don't keep talking about Hillary because she's no longer relevant.  She lost.  So did Jeremy.  You'll have to wait until the next general election before you'll find out if he is relevant again.

$100 bass guitar vs $700 bass guitar vs $10,000 bass guitar 87% Posted Jun 2017

$100 bass guitar vs $700 bass guitar vs $10,000 bass guitar

An unrelated question.  Why do some Europeans put a decimal where a comma should go when represting large numbers.  For example, in the USA, we would say $10,000 but this guy refers to it as $10.000.

That decimal means fractions.  So if you're going to use a period instead of a comma, what would you do to represent fifty cents more than ten thousand ($10,000.50)?

Edit:  If I tell you pi is 3.142 do you think that is three thousand, one hundred, forty two?

Good Morning Britain - Interview with a real-life robot 88% Posted Jun 2017

Good Morning Britain - Interview with a real-life robot

I've seen many James Corden skits but I never knew his name until now.  Thanks for that.  He's not as annoying as Piers or Alex so I don't mind keeping him.  It's just that James thinks he's funny but he's not.

Good Morning Britain - Interview with a real-life robot 88% Posted Jun 2017

Good Morning Britain - Interview with a real-life robot

We will trade you Alex Jones for Piers Morgan.  Deal?

Good Morning Britain - Interview with a real-life robot 88% Posted Jun 2017

Good Morning Britain - Interview with a real-life robot

I am so glad Piers finally left the USA and is back in his home country.  He was one of the most annoying hosts ever.  Makes me wonder how he came here anyway.  Isn't it a requirement when getting a Visa that we cannot find talent within our own country?  He was easily replaced so we had the people. Perhaps they wave that for quazi celebrities.

TYT - Brutal Trumpcare 87% Posted Jun 2017

TYT - Brutal Trumpcare

1.  The mandate to force all companies to provide healthcare to fulltime workers resulted in companies only hiring parttime workers.  It makes it look like the unemployment rate is low but that doesn't account for people that are underemployed.

2. The healthy and young people are still working and are not using Obamacare and are getting their own insurance, usually by a copayment through their employer.  The elderly and unhealthy that are not working are using Obamacare.  There isn't enough healthy people enrolled so it has offset the balance to the expensive customers so the majority of people using it are costing the companies too much money.  Companies are opting out of Obamacare.

3. Extremely poor people are not covered and people maing a decent living are not covered.  There is no subsidy for either of those two groups.  It only benefits a narrow margin of people slightly above poverty but below middle class.

64% Posted Jun 2017

"Oh Jeremy Corbyn" breaks out over Glastonbury

It doesn't matter how popular someone is when they lose an election.  Bernie could be the most popular person in the universe but he still lost -- and lost big.  He couldn't even get past the primaries.  No telling what the future will hold though.

Regarding the ages of the people, I think it's the opposite of what you're saying.  As a working person, I want to keep as much of my money as possible.  But as I age, I think about retirement, the small pension I get isn't going to be enough to pay my bills.  I will need Social Security and Medicare. This means, as a young person I tend to be more conservative and move towards being liberal as I get older.

I don't believe blockchains should be used to track government spending.  There are secret parts of the government and the public shouldn't be able to determine what they are working on by tracking the expenses.

64% Posted Jun 2017

"Oh Jeremy Corbyn" breaks out over Glastonbury

Corbyn did not get the majority of seats so he didn't win and May is still PM.  Apparently more of your citizens that took the time to vote were on the side of Conservatives instead of Labor.  Perhaps one day that will change but you don't get another chance until the next general election.  So Sanders and Corbyn need to take a back seat for several years until they get their next chance.

64% Posted Jun 2017

"Oh Jeremy Corbyn" breaks out over Glastonbury

Thank you for posting that.

I'm a little confused about all this Jeremy Corbyn talk too.  He did not win the majority so he lost but it seems everyone is still chanting his name.  It's like people mentioning Bernie Sanders in the USA who didn't even make it past our primay elections.   He lost before the general election so wasn't even on the ballot but people still think he's relevant for some reason.  Maybe in 4 years the democrats might select him to run against the republicans and something could change but until there's another election, we both have to keep our current President and Prime Ministers.

Ours can be impeached by some wrong doing and then it could be decided to remove him from office.  Yours can be removed by a no confidence vote from the House of Commons but it takes 2/3rd votes and Theresa has enough support to prevent such a vote.  Even if there was a vote of no confidence, the queen just dissolves parliment and a general election is held and it's possible more support for the PM can be seated.

Margaret Thatcher became PM because of the No confidence vote during James Callaghan's tenure.  But he remained as the leader of the opposition until he resigned.

The Subscription Economy - Why buy things you only use once? 87% Posted Jun 2017

The Subscription Economy - Why buy things you only use once?

He has gone to the extreme. Some people may not want to wear clothes that others have worn previously.

Regarding the turkey-roaster, depending on the cost to lease it, you could probably buy an aluminum disposable one and just throw it away. The shipping or delivery costs alone would be the major costs of leasing cheap products.

Jimmy Dore - Starkly different reactions to Grenfell fire 45% Posted Jun 2017

Jimmy Dore - Starkly different reactions to Grenfell fire

For new buildings, I agree there should be regulations to keep the tenants safe.  Smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and multiple egress methods.

For existing buildings, there should be grandfather clauses that allow them to keep the building erect unless it's determined to be dangerous and condemned.  Sometimes when applying for a permit to upgrade your property, it is required at that time to bring it up to the current standard code.  Depends on what you're doing with it.  Just replacing the refrigerator doesn't qualify but if you're removing all the exterior walls to replace them with something else, you may need to renovate the entire building to current specs.

COncernedCitizen