Dunkirk statistics 87% Posted Jul 2017

Dunkirk statistics

Hello? Did you read what I wrote?

I said you may be right, and that I may be wrong since my comment was based on second sources. If you want to critisse  somone, give a correct version of their view. But why at all get personal?

I'm not qualified to anything in this particular respect. That said, I think you should read those comments made by French and American critics. If I were you, I would be much more humble towards hurt feelings in France and criticism from in the US. But then, the filmmaker never intended to tell a realistic story about Dunkirk. Yes, I think that's a shame.

I might see the film after all. But I'd recommend you to 1) read the criticism from both sides of the Atlantic and 2) avoid personal attacks with claims the other sees as unjustified.

That ends my contribution.

Dunkirk statistics 87% Posted Jul 2017

Dunkirk statistics

You are right, I haven't seen the movie, so I may have been wrong in the statement above.

"I doesnt diminish the French effort." Are you sure?

Take a look at this google search, using only "film dunkirk french soldiers" https://www.google.no/search?q=film+dunkirk+french+soldiers&oq=film+dunkirk+french+soldiers&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64j69i60.9355j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

... and read the articles.

And then a British film critics (was it?) answered the French should make their own film if they wanted to show the role of the French soldiers. That's when I decided I didn't want to see the movie. Where did I read it? NYT or the Guardian.

My current thinking is that this film is another example of British filmmakers/historians overemphasising Britain's role compared to the USSR, USA, and even France. You can even hear people claim that Britain won the war. Britain was highly important, but other countries, in particular the USSR, were even more important for defeating Hitler. (The crucial role of the USSR during the war became unfortunate after the war, when the USSR stopped any attempts for democracy in Eastern Europa.)

Dunkirk statistics 87% Posted Jul 2017

Dunkirk statistics

And that film doesn't even mention the French soldiers??

Brexit, a mini documentary 87% Posted Jul 2017

Brexit, a mini documentary

This is possible in some browsers: Clicking the vote of your choice, then reloading the page repeatedly. You can even do that with your own posts.

(I know, only very few people would actually do anything like this.)

Brexit, a mini documentary 87% Posted Jul 2017

Brexit, a mini documentary

Actually, I think I just discovered it's the same person hitting the "Vote up" button again and again.

Brexit, a mini documentary 87% Posted Jul 2017

Brexit, a mini documentary

Fascinating. A comment without any content, just an undocumentet claim of saying the truth,  receives 5 votes up.

Just another argument for the dysfunctional nature of social media.

Brexit, a mini documentary 87% Posted Jul 2017

Brexit, a mini documentary

Aha. Not able to document anything (and not understanding the meaning of the word proof). Wellwell.

BTW: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-350-million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

Yuja Wang - Paraphrase on Mozart's “Alla Turca” 94% Posted Jul 2017

Yuja Wang - Paraphrase on Mozart's “Alla Turca”

Actually, I agree. Fantastic it was. Still too much demostration of technical brilliance.

There was Mozart, but also an obvious inspiration from ragtime. This was much more interesting than ragtime, but I think music can be evaluated similarily to writing: wordyness and notyness(??) is not to strive for. Melody (and often rhythm below), or simply chord progressions (like in some of Bach's work) is more interesting than technical brilliance with some rhythm on top.

Still she deserved the "bravo" shouted from the audience. I wonder how many hours went into that particular piece, there are several videos of her playing it. And it was lovely to see a musician enjoying to play in front of an audience.

Mad idiot on a scooter 88% Posted Jul 2017

Mad idiot on a scooter

Marvelous ad for buying a dashcam. Thanks.

Shark thanks diver for removing nasty fish hook 88% Posted Jul 2017

Shark thanks diver for removing nasty fish hook

Nonsense.

The shark came back again and again with and without the hook. No difference in behaviour before and after. Sharks are curious animals (and many "attacks" are a shark biting to investigate, they don't have any hands so biting is their way to investigate).

8 richest people have same wealth as half the world's poorest 87% Posted Jul 2017

8 richest people have same wealth as half the world's poorest

Correct.

Robot that flies just like a bat 87% Posted Jul 2017

Robot that flies just like a bat

Why add such discomforting mechanic and monotonous noise? (Some people with a sense of real music might watch too, for them this is horrible to listen to.)

Luckily there's a mute button.

Jimmy Dore - Wimbledon ban 45% Posted Jul 2017

Jimmy Dore - Wimbledon ban "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" chant

I've stopped watching these Jimmy Dore videos long ago. He is remarkable un-bright, yet has high opinions about himself. Not a good combination, and someone not to care about.

(The BoreMe Editor has strange priorities when selecting videos. I've discovered that going to YT yourself lets you find videos  that are much more topical, intelligent and fun.)

What just one cigarette does to your lungs 88% Posted Jun 2017

What just one cigarette does to your lungs

a) smokers do not smoke 1 cigarette

b) smokers do not smoke 1 cigarette

c) Treatment of smoking-related illness (cancer of various kinds, heart problems, some of them fatal, emphysema, etc etc), treatment of asthma (not least among those exposed by other's smoke, e.g. children of smoking parents), cost much more than you can imagine.

Smokers are the best example of people trying to cope with cognitive dissonance. Try to get off the hook. Everyone will thank you, including the health services. And you will have a much better life.

Elephants to the rescue 88% Posted Jun 2017

Elephants to the rescue

Are you for real?

Angela Merkel: Europe can't rely on US or UK anymore 87% Posted May 2017

Angela Merkel: Europe can't rely on US or UK anymore

Congrats for this week's most stupid comment.

TYT - Who is responsible for the chemical weapons attack in Syria? 87% Posted Apr 2017

TYT - Who is responsible for the chemical weapons attack in Syria?

My recommendation is to let it go. You have been trolled and it seems to hurt you, and to bring up memories of abuse by a narcissistic person you knew. That's easy to understand. But that's exactly what he/they want. They want you to suffer, it's their pleasure

Internett trolls are internet trolls, they have no desire for a rational debate but they want to hurt you.

For your sake even more than the sake of Boreme: drop him/them, let him cry for attention by being irrational, aggressive and abusive. Don't be tempted to answer back in a similar vein.

"Don't wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pig enjoys it."

I suggest reading this (again):

Christian Picciolini - Ex-prominent neo-Nazi speaks 86% Posted Apr 2017

Christian Picciolini - Ex-prominent neo-Nazi speaks

Good point. That post was so off mark that he is either the biggest know nothing, or simply a provocateur. He wants to have someone to play with, but doesn't know how to play. I feel sorry for him, honestly.

Here's a link about people of his kind:

TYT - Who is responsible for the chemical weapons attack in Syria?

You shouldn't use ha ha in so many posts. It reveals you when you pretend to be different persons posting.

Dog escapes animal hospital 87% Posted Apr 2017