Spontaneous Order 50% Posted Aug 2010

Spontaneous Order

consider the extremes: firing neurons to conciousness & will. If emergence (influenced by eons of cranial evolution) doesn't get you from one to the other then I think you'll find you're out of rational options.
It's official, soccer is gay! 52% Posted Jun 2010

It's official, soccer is gay!

I wouldn't rush into labelling this as another piece of american "soccer" bashing. I think its more focussed on a gentle encouragement for some americans (the bullshit segment) to embrace their inner fag.
Yours truly, BP 54% Posted Jun 2010

Yours truly, BP

and before you go all enviro sceptic on me, I would just like to say I'd rather be a tree hugger that a wood stroker.
Yours truly, BP 54% Posted Jun 2010

Yours truly, BP

no, not always right, but this time my education and experience in work of environmental management has here forth proven you to be an idiot once again.
Yours truly, BP 54% Posted Jun 2010

Yours truly, BP

ha ha. no. here for life. Stan Trolley has got nothing on my levels of persistence and endurance.
Yours truly, BP 54% Posted Jun 2010

Yours truly, BP

I may be grumpy and cantankerous, but I'm only annoying because the ignorant don't like to be confronted by the truth. Everyone likes to play the blame game as long as the finger points elsewhere.
Yours truly, BP 54% Posted Jun 2010

Yours truly, BP

yes, and ride my bike where I need to. thanks for asking. But that doesn't absolve me of responsibility because a portion of what I do at some point consumes oil. My point is you can't point a finger without accepting a portion of the blame yourself.
Yours truly, BP 54% Posted Jun 2010

Yours truly, BP

I recall prison officers of Auschwitz using the same excuse.
Yours truly, BP 54% Posted Jun 2010

Yours truly, BP

If you want to blame anyone, blames yourselves for using the oil and creating the demand, these incidents will become more frequent as oil becomes more difficult to extract. The nationality blame game is a game for fools.
Did Sarah Palin get a boob job? 51% Posted Jun 2010

Did Sarah Palin get a boob job?

I understand she traded in her old pea brain for these 2 melons, fvck knows what's rattling around in that thick skull now. Probably nothing.
The Salter Sink, a simple way to control hurricanes 52% Posted Jun 2010

The Salter Sink, a simple way to control hurricanes

environmental cost to marine life forms that could not survive the increase in temperature? nobody cares.
BP CEO wants his life back 49% Posted Jun 2010

BP CEO wants his life back

greedy oil exec's transcend political and social boundaries, they're all ****** exxon valdez, etc etc.
Ferdinand GT3 RS, the world's slowest Porsche 44% Posted Jun 2010

Ferdinand GT3 RS, the world's slowest Porsche

the only car I'd ever pay to have a chauffeur for.
The two contenders for new Snatch Land Rover vehicles 48% Posted May 2010

The two contenders for new Snatch Land Rover vehicles

SPV400 - complete flexibility, by changing the colour scheme.
Bomb-a-Rama 55% Posted May 2010

Bomb-a-Rama

each sequence is like a metaphor for the typical male orgasm. Apart from the ones that last a couple of seconds, they would be metaphors for Stings orgasms.
You can't trust science because it is forever changing 52% Posted May 2010

You can't trust science because it is forever changing

To contradict, there may well be more fundamental truths to be discovered, but to project an omnipotent/sentient force to this location is a perverse act of faith that does nothing but pollute rational discussion. Oh and yes I have met scientists (they are just people after all).
You can't trust science because it is forever changing 52% Posted May 2010

You can't trust science because it is forever changing

I've seen a string
You can't trust science because it is forever changing 52% Posted May 2010

You can't trust science because it is forever changing

I would suggest not confusing religion and emotion. I would also suggest not speaking on behalf of all scientists, your whole hearted assurances are of little value on this point. Ye do not require faith and the vast majority of intuitive leaps result in incorrect understanding, the scientific method weeds the chaff out. values are valued, meanings are interpreted. Faith is hope when you can't handle reality.
You can't trust science because it is forever changing 52% Posted May 2010

You can't trust science because it is forever changing

science may have made nuclear bombs. but science did not commission the scientists to to build them, nor did science use them. It's the individuals with power which can be stupid or not. Unfortunately for religion, religious folk are predisposed to believe notions which are not based on verifiable reasoning
Checkout this, a day in the life of a Walmart store 49% Posted Apr 2010

Checkout this, a day in the life of a Walmart store

taste of things to come, try Isaac Asimov's - Caves of Steel.

forrester106