A Different Bias | Newly leaked Brexit docs from Cambridge Analytica 67% Posted Oct 2020

A Different Bias | Newly leaked Brexit docs from Cambridge Analytica

It's difficult to make a fair case for the "other side" if I don't believe it. I'd be like a lawyer defending someone I believe is guilty. Better to leave that to those who can make the best case. That's what the comments section is for.

StarTalk | Neil deGrasse Tyson explains Earth's magnetic field 47% Posted Sep 2020

StarTalk | Neil deGrasse Tyson explains Earth's magnetic field

Thanks for flagging. Video id is now fixed.

Extinction Rebellion | Summer uprising begins 15 July 48% Posted Jul 2019

Extinction Rebellion | Summer uprising begins 15 July

Thanks for your comments. I will keep them in mind.

Extinction Rebellion | Summer uprising begins 15 July 48% Posted Jul 2019

Extinction Rebellion | Summer uprising begins 15 July

Picking up on the point you make later on about opposing opinions on BoreMe - the problem is: which opposing opinion? There are usually many. I post videos with "opinions" I'm sympathetic to, and invite opposing opinions in the comments. If I tried to represent all views on climate change, there would be nothing else on BoreMe but climate change.

Your comment that BoreMe was much broader and stimulating in the past, made me think. You're probably right, BoreMe was  broader and arguably more stimulating back then. I think that's partly because the world is speeding up and BoreMe is reflecting that change. Let me explain.

The number of videos posted daily on BoreMe hasn't changed in many years, but a set of daily posts from a few years ago, about 8 posts, would likely cover 8 topics. A "topic" would be Obama, or climate change, or religion, or a music video etc. And the next day's posts would likely cover 8 different topics.

But today, Trump could be the subject of multiple posts in one day, and also posted again the next day. He is so newsworthy he's impossible to ignore. And there are other topics - like climate change, or AI, or Brexit - that are moving so fast I feel they deserve daily posts as well.

So the result is daily posts on BoreMe that cover fewer topics. Hence, your observation that BoreMe is less broad and stimulating than it was.

BoreMe FORUM 46% Posted Sep 2015

BoreMe FORUM

Guests can now paste text into their comments.

Pasting was disabled because of spam. If spam returns to BoreMe, then pasting will be disabled again.

Hacker informs Nest owner of security risk 48% Posted Dec 2018

Hacker informs Nest owner of security risk

Thanks for that. Our security certificate has just been updated, but it may take a few hours to take effect.

Ray Kurzweil on 'I've Got a Secret' (1965) 47% Posted Dec 2008

Ray Kurzweil on 'I've Got a Secret' (1965)

Video is on YouTube: https://youtu.be/X4Neivqp2K4

BoreMe FORUM 46% Posted Sep 2015

BoreMe FORUM

The character limit is one of the anti-spam measures we added recently. Since those measures are working, we will remove the character limit, but may reinstate it should the spam come back. As it happens, we cannot do this until next week. Our techie is on holiday.

Wikileaks reveals CIA can mask hacks as work of foreign hackers 47% Posted Apr 2017

Wikileaks reveals CIA can mask hacks as work of foreign hackers

Why are you shooting the messenger? RT are simply reporting on the latest Vault 7 Wikileaks release about Marble, quite an important story itself I'm sure you'll agree. And Wikileaks have a 100% record for releasing authentic documents.

I'm not sure what to think of RT. I hear plenty of  criticisms of the sort you make, but I don't see it. Chris Hedges, a Pulitzer Prize journalist who I hugely respect, has a show on RT called On Contact. So has Larry Kng. And Ed Schultz. Noam Chomsky often appears on RT, and many other perfectly "respectable" commentators. So if RT is good enough for them, then why not for BoreMe.

Noam Chomsky on US/Russia relations 48% Posted Mar 2017

Noam Chomsky on US/Russia relations

BoreMe does not "orchestrate" any comments. We are also surprised at the direction comments sometimes go.

Negative feedbacks in the climate system, that's a good thing 43% Posted Mar 2017

Negative feedbacks in the climate system, that's a good thing

I can't block you, I can only remove your comments. It's weird you are trying to involve me. I wish we had a psychiatrist on our team.

Lady Gaga - 2017 Super Bowl halftime show 52% Posted Feb 2017

Lady Gaga - 2017 Super Bowl halftime show

You can now watch it on YT from here. It's worth it.

Bill Moyers: Trump will make America pollute again 52% Posted Feb 2017

Bill Moyers: Trump will make America pollute again

You guys need some psychiatric help. And also, BoreMe has never paid anyone to comment.

Hackers back up climate data so Trump can't delete it 44% Posted Jan 2017

Hackers back up climate data so Trump can't delete it

Why not become a member? Then no one can impersonate you.

BoreMe FORUM 46% Posted Sep 2015

BoreMe FORUM

I'm not keen on members only being able to comment. But I'll have a chat with our webmaster about other ways of encouraging people not to use different names and generally confuse matters.

In the meantime anyone who doesn't want their username used by someone else, just register it. It's free, you can also edit your comment for 5 minutes after you post it, and there's no captcha. What's not to like?

Why world maps are wrong 47% Posted Dec 2016

Why world maps are wrong

A "shpere" is a variation of "sphere" known as a typo, occasionally used to add colour to perfectly spelt sentences. Typos are also useful to check whether or not readers are sleepreading. Good to know you are awake :)

Muslim meltdown after discovering the truth (fake subtitles) 49% Posted Oct 2016

Muslim meltdown after discovering the truth (fake subtitles)

Because this was not posted on BoreMe as a fake. To change the title as you suggest loses the sense the comments. Someone new to this post would think: why is everyone going on about fake subtitles when it's already explained in the description.

It's got nothing to do with promoting an opinion or satisfying a readership. That's what you are trying to do.

Muslim meltdown after discovering the truth (fake subtitles)

I also added "(fake subtitles)" to the title.

Muslim meltdown after discovering the truth (fake subtitles)

No I disagree. Should BoreMe remove every Fox News clip?

The fact that this Memri clip has been doctored reminds people that translations cannot always be trusted. And a conversation has begun. Talking is better than censorship.

Muslim meltdown after discovering the truth (fake subtitles)

Thanks for pointing out that the subtitles are fake. Video with correct subtitles: https://youtu.be/J6j958QRi-Y

BoreMeEditor