Beau of the Fifth Column | Let's talk about Trump's base and evidence 55% Posted Nov 2020

Beau of the Fifth Column | Let's talk about Trump's base and evidence

Couldn't agree more.
*IF* this is the end of Boreme, I'll be gutted. Lunchtimes will never be the same again.

Big thanks to everyone at Boreme for all the entertainment over the years. Well done! I'll miss you

A Different Bias | Newly leaked Brexit docs from Cambridge Analytica 53% Posted Oct 2020

A Different Bias | Newly leaked Brexit docs from Cambridge Analytica

Yes, Chuck is oddly like a comedic straight man.

As for Elon Musk, he's a strange mix. He's obviously full of himself and totally convinced of his "rightness", but to me he weirdly comes across as tentative. I certainly wouldn't think of him as pompous.

Tyson is "all my jokes are funny, all my asides are fascinating, all my insights are mind blowing, the world is fortunate to have the benefit of my galaxy-sized brain in this video."

Musk is "I've gathered the information and done the analysis in ways I won't go into, I'm two steps ahead of the world and making a ton of money, but here's the straight overview of where I'm going. Oh, and I worry my girlfriend is going to leave me."

A Different Bias | Newly leaked Brexit docs from Cambridge Analytica

Just for the record, I'm happy with most of the content of BoreMe - apart from the regular ego-fest of Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I mean for crying out loud, aren't there any less pompous astrophysicists out there?

Maximilien Robespierre | Matt Hancock defends corruption as 'teamwork' 50% Posted Oct 2020

Maximilien Robespierre | Matt Hancock defends corruption as 'teamwork'

Beware our power!

Edward Argar runs prisons because we are upset!

Ouah ha ha *twirls moustache*

So chunky bear 49% Posted Oct 2020

So chunky bear

Yogi's let himself go. Too many pickernick baskets and not enough nuts and berries

MSNBC | Andrew Weissmann: Trump may try to self-pardon if he loses 51% Posted Oct 2020

MSNBC | Andrew Weissmann: Trump may try to self-pardon if he loses

I think you mean "cheques and bank balances"

MSNBC | Andrew Weissmann: Trump may try to self-pardon if he loses

and if Trump doesn't pardon himself, I bet Biden will (if he wins) - just as Ford pardoned Nixon to minimise the splits in US society

Shizuka | Five culture shocks in England 49% Posted Oct 2020

Shizuka | Five culture shocks in England

I think it's a leftover from the Sunday Trading laws. These were meant originally to keep the Sabbath as a day of rest - but also meant shop workers had at least one day off each week.

Shizuka | Five culture shocks in England 49% Posted Oct 2020

Shizuka | Five culture shocks in England

That "illegal" bit is a red herring, but liberties we have in the UK include:

the right to free health care, the right to an apolitical judiciary, habeas corpus, the right not to be banged up for life (in a corporate prison) for a thrid offence.

We can also keep skunks as pets and let our horses sleep in bath tubs (both illegale in parts of USA)

Fully Charged | Affordable eco housing, is this what we should be building? 52% Posted Sep 2020

Fully Charged | Affordable eco housing, is this what we should be building?

We're all in the same boat, matey. The rest of the crew have realised you're being a tad selfish by continuing to burn the decking in order to heat bathwater that only you will use.

So when your Florida condo disappears beneath the rising tides, will you finally join the dots?

Fully Charged | Affordable eco housing, is this what we should be building?

Poor you. I agree it's inconceivable to expect people to change their life-styles - or indeed propose any solutions. The only logical way out is to carry on f*cking up the planet.

TYT | Trump supporter thinks Dr Fauci is a liar 54% Posted Sep 2020

TYT | Trump supporter thinks Dr Fauci is a liar

They should both ask for a refund

Kyle Kulinski | Edward Snowden FULLY vindicated in court ruling 56% Posted Sep 2020

Kyle Kulinski | Edward Snowden FULLY vindicated in court ruling

works for me

Police catch Norman the Donkey 52% Posted Aug 2020

Police catch Norman the Donkey

Caption: 463 days ago

Get your ass in the back and sit down

Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite 51% Posted Aug 2020

Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite

Obviously in 1984 Apple released this ad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtvjbmoDx-I

The Lincoln Project | Story Hour: Episode 1 52% Posted Jul 2020

The Lincoln Project | Story Hour: Episode 1

I'm in the UK and have no evidence of the effect of the Lincoln project.My feelings are ambivalent.

On the one handI like them because they undermine Trump and give him back his own medicine.

On the other, if this is the future of campaigning, the USA (and the world) will end up with whoever has the slicker campain rather than the better policies.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that they will be effective as they are obviously being shared, they will annoy the hell out of Trump (if he's allowed to see them) - and at the very least will affect his marginal voters.

Anyone who might/might not vote Trump would probably be less likely to as he is being portrayed as such a weak and ineffective leader.

I'm suspicious about the Lincoln project's motivations - apart from being anti-Trump, I'm not sure what they stand for

The Lincoln Project | Shrinking 48% Posted Jun 2020

The Lincoln Project | Shrinking

This is the same campaign as was used against Hilary Clinton four years ago, showing her as an ill and weak candidate.

On the one hand - if it's sauce for the goose, it's sauce for the gander. Suck it up, Trump, how do *you* like it? LOCK HIM UP!

But I feel on balance it's wrong in principle as it encourages people not to vote on policy but on an unreal image. Keep going down this road and you end up with the candidate who has the best smoke and mirrors rather than policies that are best for the nation/people.

Blue Angels flyover | Operation America Strong 51% Posted May 2020

Blue Angels flyover | Operation America Strong

A lot of noise but no substance. Hmm... who does that remind me of?

NowThis | Las Vegas mayor: open up Las Vegas 43% Posted Apr 2020

NowThis | Las Vegas mayor: open up Las Vegas

Know when to walk away, know when to run

Elon Musk couldn't wait 50% Posted Apr 2020

Elon Musk couldn't wait

Caption: 590 days ago

During Lockdown, indoor trampolining is suspended until further notice

TheBob