Electronic housefly trap 86% Posted Sep 2018

Electronic housefly trap

Dangerous. These greedy flies have been sucked in by the lure of the trap and the stupid ones (who didn't see what was coming) got caught.

Once inside, the stronger flies will survive by eating the bodies of their weaker colleagues until one super strong, greedy and stupid one emerges to take over.

It's a metaphor for the US political system.

World's smallest motor race? 94% Posted Sep 2018

World's smallest motor race?

Race? Yes. Small? Yes. But motor race....?

Electronic housefly trap 86% Posted Sep 2018

Electronic housefly trap

Ingenious. Now what are you going to do with them?

China pledges $60 billion to Africa 86% Posted Sep 2018

China pledges $60 billion to Africa

and nobody made him dance

Army ants build bridge to attack a wasp nest 93% Posted Aug 2018

Army ants build bridge to attack a wasp nest

Amazing - but why don't they just walk across the ceiling?

Elephant call 94% Posted Aug 2018

Elephant call

Modern day trunk call

Jason Hunter from #3Blokes vs Brexit Central's Jonathan Isaby 87% Posted Aug 2018

Jason Hunter from #3Blokes vs Brexit Central's Jonathan Isaby

One of those speakers seemed to know what he was talking about and could argue his position, the other retreated to restating that everything would be fine.

Dear god, make it stop.

Meet the Shannon, new waterjet powered lifeboat 87% Posted Aug 2018

Meet the Shannon, new waterjet powered lifeboat

Absolutely agree - it looks like a great piece of work... but it's not the Royal Navy, it's the RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution) which is a charity https://rnli.org/

Noam Chomsky discusses gun control 87% Posted Aug 2018

Noam Chomsky discusses gun control

OK, there are any number of well-known libertarian "guest" posters who can trounce this so-called argument because they own guns and Chumsky doesn't.

What can "No I'm Chumsky" have to say about this as he has no experience of possibly having his guns taken away?

Fish at war 94% Posted Aug 2018

Fish at war

True grit

Democracy Now! - World burns but media isn't talking about climate change 88% Posted Aug 2018

Democracy Now! - World burns but media isn't talking about climate change

I'm right up there with you. Cary's argument seems to be

Chomsky warns against climate change.

Chomsky goes on aeroplanes (which contribute to climate change).

Therefore Chomsky's arguments are invalid and I should be allowed to drive my gas guzzler (blah blah blah)

Just because he doesn't seem to follow his principles 100% (and we know nothing of how he might offset his carbon footprint) doesn't invalidate his arguments. They could still be valid - he just may not adhere to them all the time.

And well done, Cary, for being a vegetarian like me. Maybe you could start cycling to work as well, like me - or are you just going to make excuses? Blah, Blah, Blah

Democracy Now! - World burns but media isn't talking about climate change

By golly how right you are. Noam Chomsky got on an aeroplane! I mean how selfish is that?

All these moaners whining about His Awesomeness pulling out of a measly international treaty on climate change and reinvigorating the Great American Coal Industry - what do they know about stuff?

You're right, though - if it's good enough for Chomsky, I'm going to fly to work every day and hang the environment.

Democracy Now! - World burns but media isn't talking about climate change

Yes, I'm not going to do the decent or responsible thing either. I'm going to keep my central heating on in summer, rev my engine at traffic lights, only ever have one person in my car (it's MY car ffs, you can drive your own) until I see ALL these scientists and reporters living the lifestyle that might have helped (if we'd started 10 years ago).

In fact even if they ALL adopt a low-carbon lifestyle, I'm not going to - as long as there's at least one other short-sighted twat like me. After all, why should that other twat get one over on me?

Call that evidence? All I hear is blah blah blah

Newsnight - Interview with Trump's former press secretary Sean Spicer 87% Posted Jul 2018

Newsnight - Interview with Trump's former press secretary Sean Spicer

That was tougher than he expected an "I've just published a book" interview to be.

Husky escapes the heat 87% Posted Jul 2018

Husky escapes the heat

Don't eat the yellow ones

Dinosaur at BBC HQ 86% Posted Jul 2018

Dinosaur at BBC HQ

That's why they're extinct

Anand spends 1:43 minutes on 4th move in blitz chess 92% Posted Jul 2018

Anand spends 1:43 minutes on 4th move in blitz chess

Gosh I need a lie down after that. Much too exciting in this hot weather

TYT - Sacha Baron Cohen destroys the NRA 87% Posted Jul 2018

TYT - Sacha Baron Cohen destroys the NRA

"But my comment was to “The Bob” where he was implying that we don’t have any gun control,"

Interesting interpretation of me saying "Yes, you do have gun control in the States." Is this a Trumpian re-invention of language, "sort of double-negative thing. I think that's cleared that up"?

TYT - Sacha Baron Cohen destroys the NRA 87% Posted Jul 2018

TYT - Sacha Baron Cohen destroys the NRA

Yes, you do have gun control in the States, but the point is it's not very stringent.

Croatian firefighters miss winning penalty 89% Posted Jul 2018

Croatian firefighters miss winning penalty

As convincing as some of the on-pitch shenanigans

TheBob