The urgent speech Trump never gave 87% Posted Aug 2018

The urgent speech Trump never gave

“14 of the 15 warmest years on record have occurred since the year 2000.”  Those are cherry picked records.  There have been several years within the history of our planet where the temperatures have been warmer.  But of course that doesn’t tell the story the liberals what you to hear so they pick a short date range to include for their “official record” to make it more alarming.  Why didn’t they pick the top 100 hottest years and see when those were.  That’s because if they go beyond 15 years, they will notice some of those dates are beyond the most recent time they want you to think about.

“This is a solvable problem if we start now.”  Start what now?  You’re just talk but no action.  Tell each individual person what you expect out of them or is this just a government thing and the people don’t need to do anything specific?

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

Excuse me but I've been out of this site for a long time.  I just started posting again after about a year or more. Just waiting for the right time to discuss Global Warming again.

You might be confusing me with that Cary guy that everyone else is chatting with.  I've been here longer than him and he left and I'm still here. I remember the day he left.  You can look at my older posts to see that I've been here several years.

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

Yes, I already know the answer but WalterEgo said eluded that I was wrong.  If so, he should be able to tell me what degree a Climate Scientist gets when they graduate from the university.

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

This is a conversation between me and WalterEgo.  You leave now as neither of us asked for your opinion.

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

You are trying to change the subject with some weird ass thought experiment.  All I asked you to tell me is what degree a climate scientist gets when they graduate from university.  Can you do that simple thing?  I said meterology and you seem to think something different.

I’m not following a red herring about cardiologists because my whole conversation started with that 97% of scientists figure being a bogus number and I mentioned why.  You are then trying to tell me about traffic calming in Florida and cardiologists from around the world.

“I ask you to suggest a better method to measure the consensus of experts who agree” I told you but you said that a BS in meteorology wouldn’t get climate scientists.  So I asked you which degree we should pick.  You still haven’t answered.

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

I don't want Jesus to educate me.

He hints towards climate scientist and a meteorologist having different credentials.  I said they both have the same BS+ degree and pointed out which degree they both have.  I challenged him to tell me what he thought the certification was that each gets.  I'm not looking to be educated by anyone since I already know the answer.  Since he refuses to answer, he must have discovered he's wrong and is embarrassed about it.

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

I hear crickets chirping.

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

“google difference between meteorologist and climate scientist” Trying to weasel out of answering the question about what degree they both get.  You probably realized they both get the same schooling but have picked different career paths.  It’s like you can get a BS in computer science and then become a programmer or you can be a systems engineer or you can become a database designer.  They all start with the same degree.  Instead of telling someone to google their answer, why not just give them the answer?  There’s obviously a reason you didn’t. You obviously have no problem with your typing abilities and you do participate in the discussions here.  My guess on why you didn't answer is that you’re ashamed that you were wrong and don’t want to publicly admit it.

“found with a keyword search. That is not cherry-picking.”  To qualify, it must meet specific criteria. First, it needs to be peer-reviewed.  Second, it must mention AGW.  Clearly that is cherry picking.  Perhaps they could have picked all papers regardless if they were peer reviewed or not and if it doesn’t mention AGW, then that’s one for the side that doesn’t think AGW exists.  Have you ever thought about that?  The fact it must mention AGW is already skewed.  Remember, the vast majority of peer-reviewed papers from people with theology degrees say that God exists.  Is that cherry picking?  Think about that.

“All you'll get is an opinion from weather forecasters” Not true.  Climate scientists get the same degrees.  It’s better than hearing the opinion from Bill Nye or Chumsky or whatever his name is.  How about Neil deGrass Tyson talking about it, he's not a climate scientist but everyone listens to his opinion on the matter.  Tell me what degree a climate scientist gets and then you can use that to poll the right people.  Are you willing to tell me what that degree is yet?

“I'm just explaining how the media works.” I know exactly how the media works.  They use scare tactics to sell their stories.  If everything is going great in the world, nobody would watch the news.  They have to make something sound bad so people will watch.  Nearly every news outlet is liberal and they have an agenda and convincing everyone that AGW is true is on their agenda.  If it was a conservative media, they wouldn’t be talking about AGW it as much.

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

“Meteorologists are not climate scientists” That’s the first I’ve heard that.  Meteorologists get a bachelor or higher degree in meteorology or atmospheric sciences.  Can you tell me what degree a climate scientist gets since you think it’s not in meteorology?

“The 97% refers to ALL peer-reviewed climate research between 1991 and 2011 found with a keyword search.”  Isn’t that what I said.  It’s cherry picked papers, not scientists.  I keep hearing everyone state 97% of scientists agree….  Well, they don’t agree.  People who “feel” that AGW is true, will write a paper about it.  Like the guy in the video, he doesn’t feel a need to write a paper about his views on AGW.  Many people that don’t believe something do not want to take the energy to state their point.  I do not believe there is a God and I do not write papers about it but many people who do believe in God write books about it all the time because it’s their passion.

“Can you suggest a better way to measure the size of the consensus among experts on climate change from 1991 - 2011?”  Find a list of all the people who obtained a BS in meteorology and send them a poll.  But you have to be careful because not all of them will be returned.  Many of those that do not agree would not want to be on record in fear of being harassed by their peers.  So you might have to make their responses anonymous somehow.  Once you do that, then you could really say that a certain percentage of climate scientists agree or disagree (whatever the outcome would be).

“’97% of scientists…’ is a much better soundbite than ’97% of peer-reviewed climate research between 1991 and 2011…’”  I don’t care about soundbites.  I care about the truth.    Regardless of how hard it is to say, you need to say it correctly and accurately.  Falsifying the statistic to make it easier to say (but in my opinion is to be more convincing), is wrong and once you make a mistake like that, what else have they done to lose your trust?

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics? 87% Posted Aug 2018

Why are some TV meteorologists still climate skeptics?

Wait a second, I thought 97% of climate scientists thought AGW was real.  How can 38% of meteorologists think otherwise and still have a 97% statistic.  That's right, there was never a poll of scientists.  It was a study of cherry picked papers and the assumption was made that papers equals scientists.  They forgot about those scientists that didn't write any AGW papers.

Bill Maher - F**k Mars 88% Posted May 2017

Bill Maher - F**k Mars

Bill, hate to break the news to you but Mars does have air.  The composition is different than what you find on Earth but it still has air.

Noam Chomsky: Republican Party most dangerous organisation in the world 86% Posted May 2017

Noam Chomsky: Republican Party most dangerous organisation in the world

You talk a lot but didn't say anything to address my comment.

Noam Chomsky: Republican Party most dangerous organisation in the world

How did Noam become such an authority on Global Warming?  Why does he think he's more qualified to give his opinions on it?  He does not have a degree in climate science.  His doctorate from 1955 that he got for transformational grammar is outdated and irrelevant.

Can climate change cause earthquakes? 87% Posted Apr 2017

Can climate change cause earthquakes?

"When we came out of the last ice age..."  Actually, we are still in that ice age.

Earth's magnetic field is going to flip, here's how we know 86% Posted Mar 2017

Earth's magnetic field is going to flip, here's how we know

Selective science.  Scientists seem to have no problem doing research to find out what happened in our history for magnetic fields but they do have a problem looking beyond 1880 when it comes to the earth's temperature.  This is what is called Cherry Picking.

Arctic ice not being replaced, and why that is a HUGE problem 87% Posted Feb 2017

Arctic ice not being replaced, and why that is a HUGE problem

1.  Then what do you say are your alternative facts?

2.  Humans were not around at that time.  That is my whole point.  These cycles occur regardless of human activity.

3.  Don't know and don't care.  All I need to know is that humans did not cause it and that casts doubt about AGW.  We are coming out of an ice age wo it is common sense that the termperatures are warming and would be doing so with or without us.  We might be expediting it slightly but, by how much that is, is unknown.

Arctic ice not being replaced, and why that is a HUGE problem

Any climate data prior to 1880 is rejected because it doesn't tell the story they want to tell.  You can look at historical cycles millions of years ago that shows the earth has been 16 degrees C warmer most of the time when animals roamed the planet.  But since all that is prior to 1880, it's meaningless to the general public.

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers 87% Posted Jan 2017

Samantha Bee - Swamp Dwellers

Not me.  My discussions are not political and are usually limited to AGW.

Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years 87% Posted Dec 2016

Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years

Just noticed a typo. Should be kill, not keep.
Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years 87% Posted Dec 2016

Guy McPherson: Human extinction within 10 years

How much time do you think we have?  You've stated before that global warming will keep every single species on this planet.  But when?

guest123456789